Ownership Verified: Out with the hairdressers car. In with the Pony!

SwVvbKG.jpg

:dance::dance::dance:

Congrats! Feels good to pay off a car.

Thanks, it really does. Though when I saw the envelope from Ford Credit, I was expecting to find instructions on how to request a lien free title or something rather than them trying to sell me a new car :lol:

Last edited:
They think everyone wants to make that monthly payment and you might go to another brand.

Started her up for the first time in a while. Let her sit at idle for a a bit, warm up, get the fluids circulating. Then a few revs

Not too sure whats going on with the camera at the end of the first clip. Looks like its zooming in on the car :-?

Last edited:
Personally, once a car goes into winter storage, I don't start it until the day it comes out for the summer. I'd rather not warm up all the seals just to have them re-freeze; plus, a car gets properly warmed up by being driven, rather than by just idling. Just my two kopeks.

July 27, 2015
Just got home and found more great news waiting for me in my mailbox.

Looks like I couldn't escape Takatagate afterall.

May 24, 2016
Oh good, I was just about to call a dealer to ask about this.

January 18, 2017

Looks like parts are finally available.

3zvZxSL.jpg

Last edited:
Is this the permanent non AMFO airbag or the placeholder airbag until they can make more non AMFO bags and get those out in a couple years? :p

Considering how long this is already going on, it better be a permanent solution...

Sitting on the fence about getting the OE Boss 302 rear sear delete kit...

IB1j7Ay.jpg

Started calling around asking about pricing. Turns out its been discontinued and no one has it in stock anymore. Guess I'm not on the fence about it anymore.

IB1j7Ay.jpg

Started calling around asking about pricing. Turns out its been discontinued and no one has it in stock anymore. Guess I'm not on the fence about it anymore.
I know that was standard on the LS, but was it even an option for the "regular" Boss 302?

I know that was standard on the LS, but was it even an option for the "regular" Boss 302?

No, its was exclusive to the LS and performance parts catalog. The 2012s got a red cross bar and the 2013s got a black one.

IB1j7Ay.jpg

Should have gotten off the fence before now, then.

FYI, it was either a Rousch-made part or Rousch gets theirs from the same supplier. It's still available.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...-performance&gclid=CJ_a8qOg1NICFROewAodjboJMQ

rsp-m6346612byz_it.jpg

rsp-m6346612byz.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

According to anther vendor, it's available in nine Ford factory colors:

Yup, according to Rousch it's the same part:
http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/Mustang-Ford-Racing-X-Brace-with-Rear-Seat-Delete-Kit.html

Last edited:
Should have gotten off the fence before now, then.

FYI, it was either a Rousch-made part or Rousch gets theirs from the same supplier. It's still available.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...-performance&gclid=CJ_a8qOg1NICFROewAodjboJMQ

rsp-m6346612byz_it.jpg

rsp-m6346612byz.jpg

So I did some digging, and that is the standard Ford one, just Ruby Red. I did find a thread on Boss 302 forums saying that they're not discontinued, just backordered. Watson Racing (a local Ford Performance Parts retailer and speedshop) said they're expecting them to start shipping again later this month (they said 2/28, but I think thats a typo based on the message I get from Summit Racing when you click "add to cart."

The part RSP-M6346612BRR will be shipped directly from the manufacturer. Tentative ship date: 3/28/2017 if your order is placed today.

Roush also lists the kit as available. http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/Mustang-Ford-Racing-X-Brace-with-Rear-Seat-Delete-Kit.html

Last edited:
There's also this arguably better option where you can either retain the rear seats or fit one of a number of cosmetic-only rear seat delete kits plus this: https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-rear-chassis-xbrace-555-5093.html

Our latest rear chassis X-brace addresses the fact that not everyone wants to get rid of their rear seats for the added benefit of the rear chassis brace. Obtaining the rear seat delete parts from the Boss 302 can be an expensive task, and having a rear seat delete made can be a challenge as well.

After listening to these concerns from our customers, the result is our Steeda Rear Chassis X-brace that does not require a rear seat delete. This brace installs in the chassis area between the rear wheel wells behind the rear seats which effectively couples this part of the rear structure together to increase chassis rigidity.

Besides engineering the benefit of not having to get rid of the rear seats, this design is a significant improvement over Ford's original design for the Boss 302. Our X-brace mounts to the rear shock towers instead of attaching to the sheet metal behind the rear seats. This design is more effective and distributes the loads between the rear shocks, springs and the chassis, and not just the sheet metal of the vehicle. The result is much more effective chassis deflection reduction with improved suspension compliance over a sheet metal mount design.

This brace can be used as a bolt on installation or welded for maximum effectiveness.

555-5093.jpg

$279.95 for that, plus another $150 for this: http://www.americanmuscle.com/seat-...kit-05-FPReplacementV1&T5_Var3=blue&GID=80304

Last edited:
Of course there are plenty of 3rd party alternatives. But no, if I'm doing this, I'm doing it with OE Ford parts. Yes its a lot more expensive, but thats my choice.

Of course there are plenty of 3rd party alternatives. But no, if I'm doing this, I'm doing it with OE Ford parts. Yes its a lot more expensive, but thats my choice.

I'm kinda the same way with a lot of things...but dang...having a flat "floor" for the rear seat area is pretty nice...as long as it's not just cardboard/thin fiberboard.

This does not bode well for Woodward 2017.

Don't worry. (A) I probably won't do it. (B) If I do buy it, I probably won't install until after the cruise. (C) If I do install it before the cruise, its reversible. (D) If I don't reverse it, we always have more cars (depending on where I will be with selling/buying, at least 2 others)!

Don't worry. (A) I probably won't do it. (B) If I do buy it, I probably won't install until after the cruise. (C) If I do install it before the cruise, its reversible. (D) If I don't reverse it, we always have more cars (depending on where I will be with selling/buying, at least 2 others)!
I suppose I also wouldn't mind loaning a GT350R through your work :whistle: