Ownership Verified: Out with the hairdressers car. In with the Pony!

It looks like I can't even go out for a relaxing Friday evening on the town without finding someone who cares about the environment as much as I do.

OwWxE.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome car, welcome to the club :cool:

I have a good custom green color on my dash, i'll give you the numbers next time i'm in the car.

Well the Mustang is going in for her first warranty repair on Monday :(. Hopefully its nothing major or serious.

Started getting a really bar rear axle/suspension squeak/rattle a hundred miles ago or so, and its progressively been getting worse. Now it sounds like I'm driving over loose railroad tracks at every bump/dip in the road. All with less than 1800 miles on the odo.
You can really hear it in these videos
http://files.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2013/01/17/IMG_2994.MOV
http://files.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2013/01/17/IMG_2997.MOV

Needless to say I'm not pleased.

Yes yes, I know I shouldn't be holding my phone in my steering hand as I'm driving, and I normally don't. I tried to put the phone on the rear shelf and record from there, but all I got was the noise of the phone sliding around and hitting the pillars, so I made one small exception for this.

Bummer!

Sounds really bad...as bad as when my spring seat broke and the strut banged on the hood.

At least it's under warranty.

Wait, you are working as an engineer at Ford now, aren't you? Enjoy the recalls as long as you aren't to blame!

Wait, you are working as an engineer at Ford now, aren't you? Enjoy the recalls as long as you aren't to blame!

I am an engineer for Ford, but I still have to go through the same dealer/service network as any other customer. Theres no recall for this, so I just need to convince my dealer that there really is something wrong with my car.

Out with the hairdressers car. In with the Pony!

Somebody probably welded a beercan in there somewhere.

Nah, that's the Cajun version. Besides, it would have rattled pretty much immediately.

In this case, I suspect someone forgot to torque down one of the axle/body control bars properly.

Got her back today. According to the tech, the factory "forgot" to lube the rear swaybar bushings.

Glad to hear you got it back. :)

Got her back today. According to the tech, the factory "forgot" to lube the rear swaybar bushings.

I find that annoying if slightly alarming. What else could they have "forgotten?"

In the videos it sounded much worse than an unlubed swaybar.

I dunno. Maybe they did something else without telling me, but the sound is gone. At least for now.

That's not comforting. :lol:

Oh hello there.

On a sidenote, went over a rather big speedbump and heard quite a loud thunk from my front suspension. Theres was a TSB issued for this last August, so time to take it in again and get my lower control arms replaced. :(

Last edited:
A little something for the window

QXydz5r.jpg

There is an irony in getting rid of one hairdresser's car to get this Mustang and then getting another hairdresser's car to make up for the lack of hairdresser's cars in your life.

You just reminded me I got those stickers lying around. I should put them on my new car!

Every time I see this thread, I get a little "burble" in my Jelly.

i__m_jelly___id_by_kuroneko1300-d48c9gx.jpg