• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Ownership Verified: Out with the hairdressers car. In with the Pony!

You just reminded me I got those stickers lying around. I should put them on my new car!

I need to buy some for my Focus, now that I'm thinking about it...

I'm waiting on a re-run of the white text ones. The black text one i have wont be visible anywhere on my car.

Thought you'd find this interesting: Car and Driver's long-termer having diff issues

Was just driving back to my apartment when all of a sudden.... the rear axle started making that same rubbing whirring noise it did last time... the time that resulted with them rebuilding the diff.

I am royally pissed off.

Go find the guy in Sterling that couldn't be arsed to do his job right. There's no reason for the 8.8 to be broken that way.

Go find the guy in Sterling that couldn't be arsed to do his job right. There's no reason for the 8.8 to be broken that way.

But.... but.... the sticker says...
DdaLCLG.jpg

Dealer wouldn't look at it today, have to go back Monday... but I did hit a round number on my odo

Was just driving back to my apartment when all of a sudden.... the rear axle started making that same rubbing whirring noise it did last time... the time that resulted with them rebuilding the diff.

I am royally pissed off.

Dude, your car sucks ass.

I'm starting to understand why you got such a good deal on it ;).

No really its a shame if a new car has such fundamental bits fail. Upside: It better fails now, when its still covered by warranty :).

And do you notice how whoever applied that sticker didn't even bother to smooth it out afterwards?

Should have been a clue, that.

Thats not mine, just one I found on Google. My sticker was applied smoothly, but I peeled it off the second I got the car back to my apartment from the dealer on day 1.

The local dude who installed the locker into my truck's 3rd member told me many stories about some of the shoddy work he's seen from "professional" shops. Guys would have lockers installed at big shops and they'd start to fail or break some ring teeth and he'd open them up and find all sorts of things done wrong when the locker was installed. I wonder if those guys really knew what they were doing the last time they "fixed" your diff.

The local dude who installed the locker into my truck's 3rd member told me many stories about some of the shoddy work he's seen from "professional" shops. Guys would have lockers installed at big shops and they'd start to fail or break some ring teeth and he'd open them up and find all sorts of things done wrong when the locker was installed. I wonder if those guys really knew what they were doing the last time they "fixed" your diff.

Yeah, my first thought was to go to a different dealer, but they all seem equally shady in my area, so I don't know :(

Its never a dull day with the Mustang.

New controls arms going being installed today -> http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...-tsb-lower-control-arm-noise-2011-2013-a.html

Driving last night, the passenger side front started grunting over every tiny little bump. Called one dealer, they couldn't get it in until Monday. Called a 2nd dealer and they took it in right away. Just got a call saying they confirmed the problem with their microphone equipment, and even were able to pick up faint symptoms on the drivers side too quite for the human ear to hear. Luckily they had all the parts for both sides in stock and I should have it back within the hour.

I think this new dealer I'm going though (my 3rd one) is the one I should stick with. Its the closest dealer to work, and I'm fairly sure most of their customers are Ford employees (all 3 people including myself in the shuttle were Ford engineers) so they probably don't want to try any stealership tactics. I've already vowed to never return to the dealer I bought the car from.

Last edited:
Meh. Warranty. Sure, annoying, but as long as its warranty, all is good. And nowadays nobody keeps a car longer than it has warranty, right? ;)

Over the last 11 days I've driven the Mustang 2920 miles, spending 64.5 hours behind the wheel and burning 134.3 gallons of gas. Apart from the still noisy diff, no new problems came up and it was all very comfortable and easy.

*knock on wood* they finally worked out all the problems with my car.

...Well actually, it does turn out that Sync isn't compatible with my new phone (HTC One), but I think thats more of a M$ problem than a Ford problem.