Outakes No Longer Available in the U.S.?

I tried to watch the NBC video site and got blocked - My Name is Earle.

"We are sorry but the clip you select is not available from your location. ..."

- it works both ways I am afraid.

"The Man" still wants control. ...

Who watches NBC? j/k of course!

This issue is definitely not just confined to the BBC and their content, but all the online content the networks put out on the net. I can half understand the BBC logic -protecting content so only license fee payers get access- even if it is ill-thought out, but why NBC does it I can't figue. In the states we don't pay a license fee...makes no sense.

I tried to watch the NBC video site and got blocked - My Name is Earle.

"We are sorry but the clip you select is not available from your location. ..."

- it works both ways I am afraid.

"The Man" still wants control. ...

I certainly agree NBC is hosing you there, and I heartily disapprove, but according to amazon.uk, you can buy full seasons of "Earl" in the UK on DVD, so if you were really crazy about Earl :rolleyes:, you could buy the DVDs (which are available in region 2).

The Beeb doesn't afford us the same consideration. :(

I noticed that on the US version of Topgear.com, there is no link to the UK version anymore... It seem that they really don't want us to have access to any part of the UK show :(

I just thought of something.

Recently I've had trouble accessing some CBC content on the 'Tube. Their news/information videos are available to view worldwide; but videos for their regular programming (comedies and drama series) are blocked outside Canada. It has to do with not paying for international internet distribution rights (yep, money!), and would explain why NBC videos are blocked outside the US, and why BBC videos on their iPlayer (and, by extension, TG videos on the UK site) are blocked outside the UK. (I read somewhere that, eventually, BBC may may videos on their site available to non-UK residents for a fee.)

Anyhoo, it looks like non-UKers are down to a handful of options in regards to viewing stuff on the TG UK site (particularly the outtakes)... 1) go through a proxy, then view them; 2) have UKers try to download the clips to their hard drives (it is possible), then upload them for the rest of us; or 3) hope they'll be uploaded to the TG channel on YouTube (videos on which are available for everyone) or the TG US site.

Last edited:
It doesn't seem like the proxies are working for me either.

It doesn't seem like the proxies are working for me either.

I couldn't get the free proxies to work either so I opted for a paid service and I was able to get access. Right now I have iPlayer streaming BBC Asian Electro beats and watched several UK comedies earlier.

Paid proxy worked for me and I got round the man.

The free proxies will work but they'll have horrible latency and you have to try a few to find a decent one.

I couldn't get the free proxies to work either so I opted for a paid service and I was able to get access. Right now I have iPlayer streaming BBC Asian Electro beats and watched several UK comedies earlier.

Which service are you using? I'd like to get an HTTP proxy loaded onto my iTouch so I can stream stuff off the iPlayer onto it...

Anyone know how I can do this?

No, the man got your money! Rats.