Clarkson: Outrage over Clarkson's 'sick' prostitutes joke

People need to understand that Clarkson is a bigot and utter moron. He is a whiny, simpering know-it-all who knows nothing. He's a complete sot with absolutely no connection between brain and mouth.

That's where you're wrong. If you've only ever seen him on Top Gear I can understand why you might have that impression.

He is very knowledgable about quite a range of subjects and has written and presented some excellent documentary shows and/or series. In "Meet the Neighbours" he travelled around Europe in an old E-Type dispelling some of they myths about the various countries, "Inventions that Changed the World" was fascinating and if you want to see how admirable and intelligent he can be check out "The Victoria Cross - For Valour" and "The Greatest Raid of All TIme". All of the above come highly recommend if you can get to see them.

I have to agree with Matt. Jeremy Clarkson is a very well informed person. With the ones that Matt suggested, I also suggest, "Jeremy Clarkson - Who do you think you are".

He also comes from a very interesting family. His mothers side is the Kilners of the famous Kilner Jars. His mother is the inventor of Paddington Bear. (not the story, the toy bear) His sister is a lawyer.

Watch him on a few game shows. He impresses me with the wide diverse knowledge he has. He loves his donkeys and he likes to bird watch.

He is opinionated and he will speak his mind. As his mother said, he always said there were two opinions. His and the wrong one. The headmaster used to say he would either be famous or he would end up in jail, so obviously, even at a young age, his future self was showing.

He may be a big mouth, but he is far from an utter moron.

BTW, every person I have shown The Greatest Raid of all time have just really been amazed at how well it was done.

James' take on the whole thing

May - affectionately nicknamed 'Captain Slow' by fellow Top Gear presenters Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond - also spoke about the former's controversial recent joke about lorry drivers killing prostitutes, which received widespread condemnation, particularly coming in the immediate wake of the Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand telephone scandal.

"I'm not sure where it came from," the 45-year-old reflected. "There's obviously a popular myth about lorry drivers murdering prostitutes and it must be related to a news story from long ago, but I've either forgotten it or I missed it. We did put it through the compliance lot, and they said it was okay. Lorry drivers are free to go and kick Jeremy's head in if they see him by the side of the road!

"I don't think we debated it, and I wasn't really surprised it went in. It's exactly the sort of thing he'd say; it's Jeremy - he's being bombastic. I don't think anyone believes he actually means it. He doesn't think for a moment that all lorry drivers murder prostitutes. He's being deliberately fatuous; it's what he does

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12112008/58/top-gear-s-stig-hails-hamilton.html

Well all i get on google is that it brings up something called Deduce, You Say is from 1956 which is a cartoon.

Oh I am so saddened when people don't know this classic Looney Tunes reference (Daffy and Porky in a Sherlock Holmes spoof). I am getting old :( But maybe that stuff didn't make it to the other side of the pond. Probably also a good politically-incorrect look at American (or at least Mel Blanc's) perceptions of Brits as well.

image002.jpg

5:20 into this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYFTT5kvgAQ[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Clarkson is pretty much the only guy (well the other 2 as well, tg in general) that speaks freely. I'm fed up of so much sensitivity within shows, it's even in most sicoms or gimics, what to say and what not to, im fed up of it. He doesn't mean it offensively, so don't take it offensively.

Knowledge is not intelligence. I agree that Clarkson is worldly and speaks on a wide variety of subjects. I have seen him on many programs as well. I like to see the three guys outside of TG. I watch May on Big Ideas and 20th Century, etc.

I still don't think Clarkson is in any way qualified to pass judgments on society or to have any real effect on the way people perceive groups therein. He isn't someone people should take to heart. I don't want you to think that I'm saying he's an ignorant lout and I don't want you to think that I have no respect for him. I know enough about him to know that he is very much aware of his jokes, I also don't think that he wants himself censored. He is an instigator. It's why people know his name. He probably loves the whole "Did you hear what Clarkson said last week?!"

He's an entertainer, not a social commentator, IMO. I like that he says what he wants and I even think it is kind of fun how much water his statements hold with some people.

Knowledge is not intelligence. I agree that Clarkson is worldly and speaks on a wide variety of subjects. I have seen him on many programs as well. I like to see the three guys outside of TG. I watch May on Big Ideas and 20th Century, etc.

I still don't think Clarkson is in any way qualified to pass judgments on society or to have any real effect on the way people perceive groups therein. He isn't someone people should take to heart. I don't want you to think that I'm saying he's an ignorant lout and I don't want you to think that I have no respect for him. I know enough about him to know that he is very much aware of his jokes, I also don't think that he wants himself censored. He is an instigator. It's why people know his name. He probably loves the whole "Did you hear what Clarkson said last week?!"

He's an entertainer, not a social commentator, IMO. I like that he says what he wants and I even think it is kind of fun how much water his statements hold with some people.

You obviously haven't been reading his columns in the Times. Easy enough to find at www.timesonline.co.uk .

Anyone and everyone who is actually pissed about what JC said or says should be murdered themselves. What a bunch of god damn babies this world is populated with now. Makes me laugh. These are just people who have miserable shitty lonely lives, and have nothing better to do then complain about somethings that has no meaning. I have a .45 and a shovel, I doubt anyone would miss these people:)

You obviously haven't been reading his columns in the Times. Easy enough to find at www.timesonline.co.uk .

But I have! And I still think he is just an entertainer. He says things to get a rise out of people or get a laugh. I just can't believe that he is taken as seriously as he is. It's like saying Jon Stewart should run for office just because everyone thinks he says such smart things that make complete sense. When the truth is that he would be the first one to say he'd make a lousy official.

im an aussie and i have no knowledge of any UK related prostitute murders by truckies or not but its still a pretty wide known "fact" (use that term loosly) that truckies have always had a relationship with the prostitue industry and altho not many people could actual site a source weve all heard stories of a prostitute bein murdered by a truckie usually in america, now im not saying thats its true and im not saying all truckies are prostitute using murderers my point is that this fact is a "social norm" an automatic label against truckies

obviosly one they dont like but these exist with almost everything everywhere
New york city - is rife with murder
all sex workers - are crack whores too
the UK - its always raining there and you all have bad teeth
New zealand - they all root sheep
lawers - are just money hungry feinds

things like that are "facts" while pretty much never true are just the social norm which newspapers tv shows entertainers and movies especially love to exploit.
jeremy just has the abilty and balls to use these facts to be funny as hell :)

in other words some people need to chill the hell out and stop taking life so seriosly, nearly everyone can be placed in a catagory that others could make fun of, if we all took it seriosly the human race would be doomed...more doomed

the biggest proof of my point is the fact jeremy didnt apologise in fact he made even more fun of it classic

Aye. I'm a writer and I'm hurting from all the recent damage to the newspaper industry. It's been really hard on a lot of people. And it's always the $6/hr mailroom folks who get the axe first. A real shame.

Meh.....

It's Clarkson so you should sort of expect it. There are plenty of other shows on TV so watch something else if he offends you but don't go ruining our fun.

Hahahahahaha!

This, for the benefit of non-U.K. residents, is the Mail on it's all-too-frequent anti-BBC agenda. This story could have been predicted by anyone in the U.K. the moment Jeremy said it.

This newspaper is the Holy Grail for anyone who likes a bit of: racism, homophobia and misogyny. The great irony is this: any lorry driver would be defined as Working Class, yet the Mail is a profoundly Middle Class newspaper.

Another irony is that they hate Jeremy Clarkson - the very thing they truly love: a white, Middle Class male.

In other words: take no notice of the silly f**kers.

Very well put.;)