Clarkson: Outrage over Clarkson's 'sick' prostitutes joke

That ad wasn't made for VW or with VW's knowledge or approval - it was made by an ad agency. VW were horrified.
Perkele!

I wonder who else has a group? Heroin junkies? Child Molesters?
American child molesters do. Surprised nobody picked up on that earlier, actually, given its prominence on South Park. I am unaware of any other association for child molesters, and I'm not exactly going to go looking for it.

Top Gear is not a news program. It's supposed to be funny and what makes the show so good are Clarkson and his comments.

I can see why truckers are pissed though. He labeled them as murders but seriously you up tight English, chill.

Perkele!

American child molesters do. Surprised nobody picked up on that earlier, actually, given its prominence on South Park. I am unaware of any other association for child molesters, and I'm not exactly going to go looking for it.

Holy crap NAMBLA is real?! Only in America....

It seems to me that people just take things WAAAAY too seriously these days, on both sides of the pond. people really need to lighten the hell up and stop taking things so heavily.

I am Outraged at the outrage. Truck drivers need Social Workers because they are so vunerable - not. Now how many Social Workers complained?

Anyhoo its all about money and influence (a bit like the FIA actually). ITV want some of the licence given to them so are part of an anti-BBC coalition at the moment. The Greenies hate Clarkson so moan about everything and stir up trouble when ever possible. Some people have Newspaper interests and Satellite TV interests so hate the BBC - Mr Murdoch, and the BBC is stuffed full of left leaning poor performers who like committees and policies but lets be fair wouldnot be employed outside the Corporation. The government are sensitive to criticsm too.

Well, but on that hooker association thingy video, man, if all the hookers in the UK are that ugly I don't wanna go there :)

This even made the news over here, must have been a slow day.

Truck drivers just need to stop murdering hookers, then people would stop making jokes about it...simple really...

People like that make me so angry I just want to steam into them with rage. ;)

Truck drivers just need to stop murdering hookers, then people would stop making jokes about it...simple really...

LOL I'd love to see this very sentence in the TG news next sunday... the great Jezza himself can't come op with a better excuse to all offended truck-driving hookers.

It gets worse guys - now we have a Member of Parliament calling for Jeremy's head.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7712962.stm

I think he's just pissed at Jeremy's previously aired views on beards and is looking for revenge!!!

holds his head in his hands and weeps

This really is a nasty side of the British character: you did/said something I didn't like, so I think you should lose your job.

Mr (Arse) Mole wrote:

"The murders in my constituency in 2006 were horrific and the community has spent a lot of time pulling together to respond constructively to such dreadful events" .

"For Mr Clarkson to make light of murder in any circumstance must be a dismissible offence.

"To do so with complete disregard for the families of the murdered women should make this a matter on which I would expect you to take immediate action."

What's all this 'collective community grief' bollocks? So let's get this straight: a bunch of whores are murdered and the 'Community' is upset? HOW FUCKING LIKELY IS THAT IN THE REAL WORLD?

Last edited:
What has the world come to? This is pathetic. I'm suprised that there haven't been complaints about him calling Hammond a pikey. Or even lighting the GT2 laptime infront of the audience. Maybe it's just the media blowing it completely out of proportion. But the answer is simple, if you don't like Jeremy or any of the presenters, don't watch Top Gear, end of!

No complaints about when Jeremy said "Ohhh god knows about the Stig, they may think he's a brazilian electrician" referring to when the Stig was on the underground in the race across London. This is referring to Jean Charles de Menezes who was shot in London for those of you who are not familiar. But nooo they didn't pick up on that did they.

People just pick and choose. They're only saying that Clarkson should lose his job because of Jonathan Ross being suspended and Russel Brand quiting.

This is what we expect of Clarkson, it's his personality......:blowup:

What has the world come to? This is pathetic. I'm suprised that there haven't been complaints about him calling Hammond a pikey.

That's a really good point, especially in light of the recent furore over Basil Brush and some reference to gypsies.

Maybe it just means that although Top Gear is watched by truckers and whores that the gypoes are either huge fans of "Heartbeat" (can't see them being into "Strictly") or they're out ratting, watching bareknuckle fights or nicking things when it's on.

3752_c01.jpg

Actually the "Brazilian electrician" line did get a few complaints but I think there was some real news occurring at the time so nobody made that much of it. Right now the news is nothing but credit crunch (getting old now) and the new US President and that's it. All these journalists who are in danger of being made redundant are therefore desperate to keep their jobs and will write about anything so it looks like they're busy and worth their salaries.

Last edited:
Oh dear lord, this is utterly pathetic. Does this chap have nothing better to do? If he cares so much about the feelings of the prostitutes of Ipswich, why is he whinging about a TV show instead of working to better their situations (if that is what they want)? It's all the aftermath of 'Brandgate' and it is pissing me off now. I think I shall be sending a couple of strongly worded letters of my own. It was simply schadenfreude, not a hanging offence.

*will stop now. Am in danger of becoming "disgusted of Little Whinging"*

I call for Ipswich MP Chris Mole to be sacked for not having a sense of humour.

I never thought of that prostitute joke as an offense, nor did my ears burn when Clarkson said the word 'pikey', though I see it as more offending than the prostitute joke. Chris 'Prick' Mole is an embarrasment to the British community.

:clap:

If the 'Community' cared in the first place, they wouldn't be whores.

Nevertheless, a community not caring about a human being murdered because she was a whore sounds even scarier to me than one that cares less enough for its people to force them selling their bodies.

i've always been of the opinion that if someone watches too much of the news on tv and reads too much of the newspapers they will end up being convinced that the world is coming to a end.
it reminds me of something russell howard said on BBC's Mock the week
"i think the papers are making this country a worse place to live, just the unremitting horror of the daily express. they should just get rid of the headlines and print 'DON'T GO OUTSIDE! its full of queers, blacks and crime. oh if only diana was still here.' the daily mail is the same 'asbos, muslims, speed cameras, asbos ,muslims, speed...' the sun (in a chav voice) 'are you a paedo? how about her on page 3? are you a paedo?' the independent, you try reading it but its grabbing you by the throat 'ARE YOU RECYCLING, ARE YA? YOU JUST KILLED A POLAR BEAR! YOU!!!' its too much."

Nevertheless, a community not caring about a human being murdered because she was a whore sounds even scarier to me than one that cares less enough for its people to force them selling their bodies.

I think you have to look a little deeper than that. While being prostitutes made them a target for this particular man it was apparently his revulsion at his own predilection for them that caused him to murder them. He wasn't on some crusade against sinful fallen women or anything.

I can't speak for other countries where prostitution is decriminalised/legal/regulated (perhaps one of our Dutch members for instance can clarify that for us all and how any changes have affected the lives of "working girls") but certainly here in the UK many prostitutes turn to the activity for reasons of drug addiction, homelessness, escaping domestic violence and so on.

When those events were taking place it wasn't initially clear whether all the murdered girls were on the game, only that there appeared to be a serial killer active in that area. Only later did the link to their profession become established. It will still be fresh in the minds of many in that area and while Mr Mole may be misguided in what we here might view as a knee jerk over-reaction he has to be seen as their constituency MP to be acting in their interests. Doesn't mean I agree with him - I am merely trying to look at his motives.

The piece was run past the BBC's Compliance Department before airing - if anyone's head should roll as a result it is somone there and not Jeremy but I for one would call that massive overkill.

If any of you would like to take the issue up with Mr Mole personally he can be contacted at http://www.chrismolemp.org.uk/

Last edited: