Owning which would make you look like a bigger tool/berk? Porche vs Ferrari

Owning which would make you look like a bigger tool/berk? Porche vs Ferrari

• Total voters
Too many crusty old guys with bald spots drive porsches around here, and you could pick up chicks like crazy with a 15 foot weiner, and ferrari's are for drivers....

so I'd have to say the Posche is the most embarassing

No embarassing either way. Just wash it rarely. Because dirty supercars are cool. It show's that you use your car everyday and it's just some simple fun tool for you and not a polished poser for the summer sundays, and the dirt keeps the high maintainance women away. If you treat your supercar like its some cheap vauxhaull, you really are the cool guy.

Greetings, lip

Last edited:
I really don't care what people think. I'll buy the car because it is something I want. Whether its a Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini. No matter what you get you will be attracting some attention, but who really cares. If you don't want attention go buy an echo.

I'll take both the Turbo and Ferrari. I'll get the Porsche in white and the Ferrari in red. I'll make sure its nice and shiny and I'll drive it whenever I feel like it. If anybody thinks I'm getting the cars for the name or whatever other nonsense they can think of thats their problem, since I know I got the cars because its something I wanted to drive.

I think porsches have a worse image thanks to
movies with jerks driving them.

Ferrari has a more "car enthusiast" image
thanks to the idea of Italian passion.

The only wanker in this equation is the person who thinks they know why the other person bought their car... Oh, and having driven both over a few thousand miles, if driving is your priority, buy the F430.

Porsche mostly because I think they look like crap and they are fairly cheap and unoriginal. Ferrari at least has the looks and there aren't nearly as many of them around.

You forget that ferarri's break-all-the-time.

Look at clarkson's recent ferarri test, he mentioned 4 or 5 things that broke, and he only (i assume) drove it for a few hours!

Funny how in this thread we all say that we don't care what we look like behind the wheel, yet when a new model from either of these manufacturers comes out we're the first to lambast it for making the owner look like a tosser.

I'd say the Porsche, only because they're more common. That's right, I went there!

Why did you ressurected such an old thread?

Every other Porsche owner I meet tends to be a smug butthole. contrarily, I meet alot of class act Ferrari owners.

off topic: Redliner, Secret of Mana poster? sweet!

Edit: Xenon's got it right: "I'll buy the car because it is something I want. Whether its a Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini. No matter what you get you will be attracting some attention, but who really cares....If anybody thinks I'm getting the cars for the name or whatever other nonsense they can think of thats their problem, since I know I got the cars because its something I wanted to drive.
"

Last edited:
Honestly, I couldn't care less about what driving a car makes me look like, but anyway, here's my take...

The Oscar Meyer Wienermobile would be so silly and ridiculous that I'd rather walk, but between the serious alternatives I think the Porsche would make me look like less of a berk, after all it's a lot more understated and has a nice classic touch.

The Ferrari (and this applies to the rest of the current Ferraris too) screams "Hey, look at me I drive a FERRARI, I'm rich, you're not". I'm one of those who think Ferrari lost the plot when the 360 was introduced. Also looking at it, I think the Ferrari lacks the clear identity the 911 has. If I ignored the badge I wouldn't be able to tell that the F430 is a Ferrari, whereas the 997 has perhaps the strongest design identity of all volume cars currently in production.