James May: Oz And James's Big British Adventure

My bet is a Landy - Defender? No, a Range Rover - bit of comfort.

I'm thinking the same, maybe an original RR classic, or maybe even a VW camper.

Anyone know when this will be on anyway?

I'm thinking the same, maybe an original RR classic, or maybe even a VW camper.

Anyone know when this will be on anyway?

The classic RR idea might not be far off the mark. What's to say they aren't going to use James' own Corniche? At least he will be able to get some enjoyment out of it with someone else footing the fuel bill. As for accomodation, having done a tent and a luxury motor home, surely the location merits them staying in a selection of another Great British institution, the B & B*??? Having done the TG caravanning holiday I can't see James making that mistake again.

*For those who reside beyond these shores B&B stands for Bed and Breakfast, where people, often retired or semi-retired, use parts of their own homes for paying guests to provide them with or supplement their pension income. They can vary from charming country cottages in the Cotswolds with Victorian bedsteads and expensive soaps in the bathroom, to mouldy fleapits with rough, stiff, grey sheets but like everything else in life you get what you pay for.

*For those who reside beyond these shores B&B stands for Bed and Breakfast, where people, often retired or semi-retired, use parts of their own homes for paying guests to provide them with or supplement their pension income. .

We have those, here we call them B&B or Bed and Breakfast

Last edited:
We have those, here we call them B&B or Bed and Breakfast

I know, I've been to the States several times, and I'm guessing they probably have them in Oz too, but as we have members in the Balkans, Scandinavia and other parts of the world I thought it only fair to clarify.

Last edited:
Well, if he's going to do it properly, he'll probably spring for a Toyota Hi-Lux, or a Nissan Qashqai, or BMW X6. ;)
If he's going to do it really properly, he'll take note of what that caravan magazine said and get another Kia Cerato diesel.

The horror.

The horror.

Horror.

I think he should use a Dacia Sandango.

It appears to have been quite a shock to the editors of the Daily Telegraph as well. Here is a scan of their front page today. (Nicked from one of the many JM fansites.)

caravan.jpg

:lol:

If they're doing Britain, then surely Australia's next? unless Oz and James are fed up with each other by the end of the series. Although James is always fed up with Oz anyway. lol

I read in the Green Guide (Australian TV Guide provided in The Age Newspaper on Thursday) in an interview they are going to do an NZ/AU trip next, I was under the impression reading the interview series 3 was to be down under.

P.S. Richmondgal, good weekend for the Richmond Tigers.

I read in the Green Guide (Australian TV Guide provided in The Age Newspaper on Thursday) in an interview they are going to do an NZ/AU trip next, I was under the impression reading the interview series 3 was to be down under.

In fact, the original plan was that the second series would be based in Australia and/or New Zealand. But than Richard had the accident, Top Gear was postponed until the beginning of 2007 and filming for this series had to be rescheduled as well. As they ended up filming in August, they had to go to the northen hemisphere and went to California.

So you can blame Hammond. ;)

Great news :)

What a fantastic show, honestly. The combination of Oz & James makes it really enjoyable to watch..and even learn something :p. Car nuts around the globe are being converted into wine ponces en masse.

I love the irony in that James really started out the 'Clarkson' of this show with his antics. Proud of him for giving it a real go too. Look forward to watching the new series!