James May: Oz And James's Big British Adventure

James said at Wed's taping it starts Jan 6th, but he has been known to get dates wrong.

BBC Press office also says the 6th:
Oz And James Drink To Britain
Tuesday 6 January on BBC TWO See Unplaced

Oz Clarke and James May set off on their third joint mission, this time travelling around the UK to find the drink ? or drinks ? that speak for modern Britain, beginning their journey at the White Cliffs of Dover

How nice of the BBC to schedule this before the TG withdrawal symptoms get too bad... :)

I find the projects that James May chooses to do outside of TG to be a radical departure from what we've seen and a real insight into his personality. He's clearly an intellectual, witty and bit nerdy bloke. None of them of course compares with TG, but that's okay. Very little on TV anywhere in the world does. He seems to committed to teaching us a few things while wrapping it in the delightful package that is Mr. May.

I have enjoyed all his shows to date - the US wine one was my Fav.

/EDIT Mental note:- record Dead Set. ...

Last edited:
Thanks to DutchDiva over on the JamesMayBoard: from this week's Radio Times. God, I'm looking forward to this series. :D

http://img218.imageshack.**/img218/7076/001rm4.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.**/img218/2609/002ru3.jpg

I'm really really looking forward to this! Oz & James are hilarious together :)

This season is gonna be great :)

OMG, that article with Oz and James was pants-peeingly funny. :roflmao:

Can't wait to see it. :D

When this series airs, anyone plan to release torrents or such like top gear episodes. I got the last two season's off FTP, which is ok, but id prefer to use torrents like a lot of people.

They should organize an Oz and James pub crawl that takes people (mostly drunk college kids, presumably) all through England. That would rock.

When this series airs, anyone plan to release torrents or such like top gear episodes. I got the last two season's off FTP, which is ok, but id prefer to use torrents like a lot of people.

I'm the opposite :) I'd prefer anything over torrents.

Nevertheless, out of Richard's Lab Rats and Wipeout, this is the show I'm looking forward to the most while TG is off air. Bring it on :D

Two previews in today's newspapers, both generally good:

The Times

Clarke is slowly becoming the happy ruination of May - remorselessly eating into his carapace of faux boorishness with an ultimately fascinating and useful appreciation of ?what is good?.

Glasgow Daily Record

Oz has suggested starting at the White Cliffs of Dover in his native Kent. He turns up late and prepares to greet May with a manly hug, but James puts up a halting hand - "People will think we're Italian if you do that."

The magazine/paper previews are making this look great, I can barely wait. A convertible Rolls Royce towing a caravan, that's just perfect :cheers: For a lowly Yank like myself I hope it hits torrent sites quickly.

Trailer! :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9tJp6KS6a0[/YOUTUBE]

Their double act is utter perfection. Can't wait!

Looking forward to this. Though completely different, James shares a quality with Stephen Fry, IMO: They can both talk about absolutely anything and make it interesting. James did a show about girls toys for christs sake, and I enjoyed every second of it.

Just can't wait. Hope it will be ripped/uploaded with the same rush as Top Gear.

Damn, this is bound to be better than the first two, even.

Can't wait!