Oz & James Drink to New Zealand?

NUUUUUUU!!!!!! Why not Australia dammit????? :(

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. James has mentioned in every interview he did in NZ how much he liked the country and its wine, but I have not heard a direct quote that they were going to do a series there.

He did mention in one of the radio interviews that they had an idea where Oz and he would fly all the way from London to Australia by light aircraft (flown by James obviously) and having a look at all the wine places in between. :woot:

Alas, James mentioned that project would take up at least a year and that he simply did not have the time for that. :cry:

Well, something to look forward to once TopGear has finished, I guess. :blink:

Two things strike me about that interview:

1. If the photographer had got any closer he's have been standing behind James.

2. I just love the way the guy uses words, e.g. in the related article when he's talking about seeing the curve of the earth below him in "James May On The Moon" and he says "I could see it was a ball and beyond it was eternity's breath".

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. James has mentioned in every interview he did in NZ how much he liked the country and its wine, but I have not heard a direct quote that they were going to do a series there.

He did mention in one of the radio interviews that they had an idea where Oz and he would fly all the way from London to Australia by light aircraft (flown by James obviously) and having a look at all the wine places in between. :woot:

Alas, James mentioned that project would take up at least a year and that he simply did not have the time for that. :cry:

Well, something to look forward to once TopGear has finished, I guess. :blink:
He should borrow Cabi's U2.

Woot! I hope this happens. :woot:

Well they can't do it this year as summer's almost over :cry:. It has been a show they've done mostly in summer in other places. James is here now doing TG Live this weekend, with Clarkson and Murph for those that don't know and I can't go again! :)cry: again)

^
Seems to me now would be the perfect time. He could easily fit it in after TGL and before filming starts on the new series, but that's only on the condition he doesn't have other plans.

Personally, I'd love to see it. I mean, New Zealand! Who wouldn't? Besides, Oz and James have such great chemistry.

^ Well who knows, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'd love the pair of fat-heads to tour the great country that I call home but, call me pessimistic if you like, I don't think it's gonna happen this year.

Last edited:
Hope this happens cause then I can take time off work and follow James around the country!

Didn't go to Top Gear live this year cause I went last year so this could be a great chance to actually meet James.

^Hey bro, greetings from Christchurch, I knew there were some more kiwi's on this forum.:cool:

Wasnt Oz in New Zealand last week (or two) ago?

I recall seeing him on the news getting off a helicopter in wellington for some wine event there, and saying that he was staying at a friends vineyard in the wairarapa?

I'm very much out of the loop these days, but Oz has been Tweeting about NZ wines lately.