Pacific Northwest Meet 2014 - June 21st starting in Olympia, WA

Hi guys, just another noob here :). I just joined so I could say that I plan on showing up for this too. I've never done any sort of drive like this, and it sounds like fun. And I promise I won't drive like and ass. I'm pretty sure driving like an ass almost impossible in an Outback anyway :)

We should pick a time, say 9 or 10am, and a place to meet. Something like a Walmart parking lot probably makes the most sense.

Hi guys, just another noob here :). I just joined so I could say that I plan on showing up for this too. I've never done any sort of drive like this, and it sounds like fun. And I promise I won't drive like and ass. I'm pretty sure driving like an ass almost impossible in an Outback anyway :)

Welcome! Hope to see you there. :)

an earlier start time is better.. but will depend on how early people can get to the start location (which I presume be somewhere between Olympia and Shelton). I vote for 9am as a hopeful time for leaving.. understanding that 9:30 is probably more realistic ;)

an earlier start time is better.. but will depend on how early people can get to the start location (which I presume be somewhere between Olympia and Shelton). I vote for 9am as a hopeful time for leaving.. understanding that 9:30 is probably more realistic ;)

Yeah, I was thinking 9 as well.

I'll plan on showing up this time (and actually making the drive, unlike last year :))

YES! The drive we did back in 2012 (the cascade loop) was so good, I'm down for this as well.
and of course it has to be the whole 6-8 hours! The loop was long but soooo worth it!

I'll plan on showing up this time (and actually making the drive, unlike last year :))

We didn't do one last year. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

YES! The drive we did back in 2012 (the cascade loop) was so good, I'm down for this as well.
and of course it has to be the whole 6-8 hours! The loop was long but soooo worth it!

Yeah, that was an awesome drive! Long, but awesome. :)

Any possibility still of it happening on Sunday 22nd or is it pretty set at the 21st now?

Any possibility still of it happening on Sunday 22nd or is it pretty set at the 21st now?

I think we'll probably stick to Saturday. I think it probably makes more sense for people who have a long drive home, like you presumably would, because they can sleep in on Sunday rather than having work the next day.

I wasn't able to make the previous drive at the last minute. I plan to be at this one though!

long time viewer first time poster. I too will be joining in on this. I'm new to the area and don't have any friends yet so this sounds like it could be quite beneficial, also fun. unfortunately I won't be able to bring the Mr2, as it is stuffed away in midwestern storage, but the 2.5i is a plenty fine (if slow) machine.

Hi guys. I signed up on this site about a year ago to try and go on last year's drive which never happened. Definitely interested in going this year. Have we finalized a starting point in Olympia? Might I suggest Costco in Lacey? I will most likely have to stop for fuel before we set off. My truck only gets at best 19 mpg.

Hi guys. I signed up on this site about a year ago to try and go on last year's drive which never happened. Definitely interested in going this year.

Cool. :thumbup:

Have we finalized a starting point in Olympia?

Nope.

Might I suggest Costco in Lacey?

Is there anything out on the west side of Olympia? I think it'd make more sense to meet up over on that side of town since that's the direction we're headed and would result in the group getting broken up less.

Google Maps says there's a Staples at 1200 Cooper Point Rd SW #518, Olympia, WA 98502 and that might work. I'm betting their lot will be pretty empty on a Saturday morning.

I will most likely have to stop for fuel before we set off. My truck only gets at best 19 mpg.

Don't worry, I'll be getting about 16 MPG I imagine and get only about 250 miles to the tank (16 gallons) so I will definitely need to both fill up before hand and fill up somewhere along the way.

We'll be stopping multiple times to take breaks, refuel, etc.

Hi guys. I signed up on this site about a year ago to try and go on last year's drive which never happened. Definitely interested in going this year. Have we finalized a starting point in Olympia? Might I suggest Costco in Lacey? I will most likely have to stop for fuel before we set off. My truck only gets at best 19 mpg.

this is a good point for those that can't go far on a tank. There aren't many fuel stops on this route. Have a full tank, and fill up whenever you can. We'll probably end up making regular stops along the way to make sure people can fill up.

If the weather permits, I am thinking this would be a nice drive, but, I doubt I can make it on one tank. Great mileage and a tiny tank still make for lots of stops.

If the weather permits, I am thinking this would be a nice drive, but, I doubt I can make it on one tank. Great mileage and a tiny tank still make for lots of stops.

Don't worry -- I certainly can't make it on one tank (16 gal tank & 15-18 MPG) so we'll be stopping at least twice for gas I suspect.

Man sucks I wish I was still back in WA, moved to GA and I have a mazdaspeed (instead of my Sonata like a few years ago) now would be such a damn good drive. Have a good drive though thats a great route, hope you guys get some good weather.

Last edited:
Thanks for the weather wishes aza, I remember you and your Sonata. Congrats on the MS tho!