Pacific Northwest Meet 2015: July 18th

97 west is definitely slower.. east is more of a divided highway, much of the way. It's not a hugely beautiful drive, so getting there more quickly may be the priority. The west side is a little curvy and more interesting, but passing opportunities are minimal at times, and there are more areas where you have to stop or slow down.

have fun.. I'll be in Montana that day.

Last edited:
We definitely got broken up last time leaving RTC, Monroe is a good idea. Instead of meeting at a gas station, we should meet by the big chimney stack in the parking lot of Grocery Outlet at 405 Butler Ave. They have a lot more room and we can stage properly before setting off. It's visible from that Chevron so it should be easy for everyone to find it.

I was looking at this last night, and there's a Shell station in Cashmere, which is always cheaper than Leavenworth. I propose fuel stops in Monroe, Cashmere, Twisp, and Marblemount, each being almost exactly 96 miles apart, with Top Tier available. From there people can top off in Burlington before we separate.

East 97 is good, unless people want to stop at Lake Chelan.

As far as comms, is everyone good with GMRS again? I believe Peewee180 has a few extra radios to pass out.

Last edited:
We definitely got broken up last time leaving RTC, Monroe is a good idea. Instead of meeting at a gas station, we should meet by the big chimney stack in the parking lot of Grocery Outlet at 405 Butler Ave. They have a lot more room and we can stage properly before setting off. It's visible from that Chevron so it should be easy for everyone to find it.

Heh, Grocery Outlet was my original plan (satellite view looking for big parking lots) but figured people might not come to E@RTC full on gas.

I was looking at this last night, and there's a Shell station in Cashmere, which is always cheaper than Leavenworth. I propose fuel stops in Monroe, Cashmere, Twisp, and Marblemount, each being almost exactly 96 miles apart, with Top Tier available. From there people can top off in Burlington before we separate.

East 97 is good, unless people want to stop at Lake Chelan.

As far as comms, is everyone good with GMRS again? I believe Peewee180 has a few extra radios to pass out.

Sounds good to me! I won't have a fancy radio, just the low range shitty kind.

Here's the updated map.

Let's plan on meeting at 9am and leaving at 9:30am after explaining the route with everyone.

Last edited:

I don't have any fancy radios either, but I do have a pair of Motorola T4900s if we can utilize those somehow.

And the route is sounding good. Now I just gotta suffer through another 3 days of work.

I don't have any fancy radios either, but I do have a pair of Motorola T4900s if we can utilize those somehow.

And the route is sounding good. Now I just gotta suffer through another 3 days of work.

Any GMRS radio will work. Just check your batteries!

Looks like I won't be able make it. Need to replace my driver side axle, plus my funds are a bit limited, so what I have is going to go into the car. Really wish I could make it :\

Looks like I won't be able make it. Need to replace my driver side axle, plus my funds are a bit limited, so what I have is going to go into the car. Really wish I could make it :\

Aww no! We'll miss you and your Home Depot cold air intake...

Just for mobile purposes, here's the list of stops:

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse, 7211 166th Avenue Northeast, Redmond, WA 98052
Grocery Outlet, 405 Butler Avenue, Monroe, WA 98272
Leavenworth, WA
Shell, 102 Titchenal Way, Cashmere, WA 98815
Chevron, 126 Methow Valley Highway, Twisp, WA 98856
Chevron Marblemount, 60103 Washington 20, Marblemount, WA 98267
Burlington, WA

Late notice, I won't be able to make it.

Look for the blue Viper. I'm parked near BJ's, outside of the main lot (didn't want to pull in only to leave soon).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437237165.921350.jpg

Leaving Monroe, headed to Heidleburger Drive-In in Leavenworth for lunch. We lost some folks -- hope to see you there! Look for the blue Viper. ETA 12:30.

Eating lunch in Leavenworth.

So whatever happened to the rest of the group?

Chizzoink, I'd like to see the photo of us in front of our cars.

Also, my air filter was filthy, haven't been derated since I replaced it. Hoping it was that simple.

Last edited:
So whatever happened to the rest of the group?

Also, my air filter was filthy, haven't been derated since I replaced it. Hoping it was that simple.

No idea. I was hoping they'd post here saying what happened. :(

Glad to hear your issues weren't anything major! (hopefully)

I'm working on it! I still haven't gotten around to loading them up, as I've been working on the wedding and moving and school. I'll at least get a few good ones taken off the card and uploaded so you all can get a quick peek. Sorry for the wait.