Pacific Northwest Meet 2015: July 18th

I'm willing to do Leavenworth again. The 18th would work for me as well.

18th sounds fine to me.

Here's a route: https://goo.gl/maps/6qPFH People who don't want to do the full route can turn around at Leavenworth and head back towards Seattle. Vancouver (Canada) folks can head north when we hit I-5 at the end of the day, everyone else can head south.

Last edited:
Viper just told me about this today.

I think the July 18 date works for me. I'd probably bring the e60 this time.

... unless my wife and I decide to do a western US road trip :)

Last edited:
I enjoyed the Cascade loop, I'm good with that again. I missed the peninsula last year, so maybe we can do it again some time.

I agree that most of the straight I-5 and I-90 driving gets boring. I did find myself on 821 on my way to Bend, when there was a forest fire that forced I-82 to close, that was a fun road. I'd like to drive it again when there's less traffic.

There are a lot of fun off-road trails nearby, too bad more of you don't have trucks :)

Last edited:
I don't have a truck, but if I can make it this year, my Outback will be about an inch and a half higher than stock, so I could try a little off-road :)

My Viper will not be going off-roading. :p

It's a long drive on the road anyway so I wouldn't plan on any detours unless you want to break off from the group. We'll be making good time.

yeah... it's a real full day of driving. Last time we barely had time to stop for lunch.

My Viper will not be going off-roading. :p

It's a long drive on the road anyway so I wouldn't plan on any detours unless you want to break off from the group. We'll be making good time.

I'm not going to be doing any off-road detours, just mentioning that we have a lot of nice trails in the Cascades, even if the highways are boring.

Any idea of a date? As things stand now, August would work best for me.

I imagine Viper would oppose early August at least.. :p

I thought July 18th was pretty well understood.

That said, it looks like my wife & I are taking a road trip around them, so I'm probably out now, unless it's earlier in July, or it's in August.

Any idea of a date? As things stand now, August would work best for me.

July 18th had lightly been settled on, but I'm open to changing it if enough people want.

I imagine Viper would oppose early August at least.. :p

Yep! No early August for me -- I'll be at the Ringmeet in Germany. :)

I thought July 18th was pretty well understood.

That said, it looks like my wife & I are taking a road trip around them, so I'm probably out now, unless it's earlier in July, or it's in August.

Aw bummer. The 4th would likely have low attendance and I was planning on doing autocross on the 11th, but I'd skip that to do this. Late August is also a possibility.

yeah.. the 11th works for me, though I might not be able to do the whole thing

I wouldn't want to do the cascade loop on july 4th weekend :D

Last edited:
I could do July 11th or 18th. Or August 1st, but I don't know what time Viper is heading out for Germany.

Late August is out for me as I've got finals, a wedding, and my honeymoon :)

Ugh, I thought I deleted that post shortly after making it. I agree on July 18th.

I can't make August 1st as I have a flight the next day to Germany.

I'm thinking we just stick with July 18th as originally planned. It'll suck rootrider won't be able to join us. I'm also wondering what attendance will be like since we don't have a front page to announce it, etc. It might just be 3 or 4 cars/bikes. :lol:

Yeah, don't make a decision just based on me. I'm iffy on being there for the whole thing on the 11th, and on the 18th I'll be driving somewhere around Colorado or Arizona or something. If it's on the 11th l definitely be around for at least part of it. You'll all have a great time either way :thumbsup:

I'm good with July 18th too. I have a couple of friends who would probably attend but aren't members of the forum.

July 18th is good for me as well. Did the Leavenworth drive couple years back and it was one of the best I had ever done. Probably going to bring a couple people that aren't part of the forums but are interested with driving with a bunch of great people!

Should we cement in July 18th as our official date? We've got fairly set confirmation across the board.

Possible itinerary (approximate times for arrivals & including about a half hour stop at each place for gas/scenery):

9am - meet up at Exotics at Redmond Town Center
9:30am - leave Exotics @ RTC
11:15am - arrive at Leavenworth
12:30pm - arrive at Chelan
1:45pm - hit highway 20 at Okanogan
4pm - arrive at Ross Lake
5:30pm - arrive in Concrete for dinner (or we can do dinner at a later stop like Sedro-Woolley)
6:45pm - arrive in Sedro-Woolley for final goodbyes

The Canadians (and any Bellingham-ers) can take off for the great white north (eh) from there while the rest of us can begin the trek back south (Seattleites would get home by around 8:30pm, Tacomans would get back by around 9:15pm-ish, Olympians by 9:45pm, and god help you if you're gonna head back to Oregon).