Pacific Northwest Meetup (previously the west coast meetup thread)

It looks like I won't be able to make it. Life just got freaking busy. :(

It doesn't really look like anyone is that interested anyway... :unsure:

I'm going to not beat around the bush and say that I find Portland too far a drive for myself, especially since there isn't anything specific planned in Portland other than just meeting up.

Meeting Viper would be awesome and it sounds like he can't get to any other cities, but if anyone is interested in doing a more local meet I might be into that.

Well, as I said, I have to go to the US anyway in April so I'm pretty much up for anything. Looks like I'll just do a quick trip to WA and I'll come back so far, though.

I guess we can always organize something in Vancouver if nobody's up to drive to Portland ;-)

I wouldn't mind meeting up in Seattle either. That way it wouldn't be strictly local.

But some Cali people seemed to show interest earlier, so maybe others just want to go ahead and meet up in Portland as planned.

I'm going to go crazy and suggest Sat April 16th (somebody has to thrown in a date at some point). The rendezvous point still remains to be defined though, I guess it'll depend who still thinks about coming. If people from CA want to join in then it makes sense to meet in Portland, otherwise Seattle could be a good meeting point.

The rendezvous point still remains to be defined though, I guess it'll depend who still thinks about coming. If people from CA want to join in then it makes sense to meet in Portland, otherwise Seattle could be a good meeting point.

That's what I was saying a few pages back, that if most people who are potentially coming are from BC, Oregon or Washington it would make sense to meet somewhere more central like Seattle. But then certain people who aren't in the Pacific Northwest expressed interest as well so I didn't push it.

I guess the thing to do now is definitively state our interest so we can decide on the basics.

I think my opinion is out there now, but just for the record: Portland seems unlikely for me, but Seattle is very much so doable. I'm still not a hundred percent but I would seriously consider coming down to Seattle.

Last edited:
Well, I just got back from Oregon, so I don't know whether I'd want to drive back down there in the next month. Plus it doesn't look like my car is going to be doing anything other than driveway sitting untill probably about July. :(

Wth Portland? D: How lame of a place to plan to go to!
Never been to Portland but it is on my to-go to list

I say somewhere more south, with good weather and a beach. Gee, Southern California? :D

How about a big fat no? Driving 2,300km isn't something I can handle more than once a every five years. :p

In all seriousness this West Coast meet was not a feasible idea, I don't think many people are willing to go so far just to hang out for a few hours.

Last edited:
As I didn't see much activity or nothing really planned for April, I went to the US to grab my new work permit and I also grabbed a nice speeding ticket so I'm out financially speaking for at least a few weeks.

Maybe summer or fall would be better and I'd be down for a Seattle meet, although I'd prefer a Portland one obviously.

Last edited:
I'm much busier than I thought I'd be. But I might be able to make a Summer meet in Seattle.

What the *** is this? Gotta not have forums minimized I guess :>

I'm up for something! Just gotta remember to check back and see.

I just felt like posting as I am on the West Coast as well. :dunno: :lol:

In case it sounded like I was criticizing your suggestion, let me say I wasn't. Initially the plan was to have a meet that included everyone on the west coast (that was interested) and that proved unfeasible. I think more localized meets make more sense.

I'm fine with moving the meet later too. If you go back you'll see my initial suggestion was to have it later on, so really, you're all just arriving at the same conclusion I did months ago. :p

Weeeell...as I am currently in Seattle all this weekend, I don't think I want to spend the time and money to come back down here any time soon. Later in the summer sounds great to me, especially since I will have time to attempt to save more money and get some time off work and the like.

Guys, let me know if you wanna go get some grub sometime in downtown P-town!
My only prerequisite and that you must be REALLY COOL and bring enough money to pay the bill! =P

Haha, where do you suggest downtown?? It looks like planning a big westcoast meet up isn't going to work as the west coast is many many miles long. Probably can be a Cali meet, and a PNW meet for OR and WA, but even then that's stretching the distance.

-Robert