Pacific Northwest Meetup (previously the west coast meetup thread)

I would definitely be up for it if I was still on the same continent :p

Only a couple hours away via plane. :p

Anyhow I'm leaning towards Seattle. That way it is more accessible to those in B.C. (still a two hour drive though).

Last edited:
I'd be interested if it was a weekend and either Portland or Seattle (I don't post a lot, but I've been on here consistently for 4 years now...only now really getting into posting)

It'd be a weekend for sure. I wouldn't want to take time off work.

Portland versus Seattle will likely depend on who's coming. If it's mostly Oregon folk, then the choice will be simple. :)

Anyhow I'm leaning towards Seattle. That way it is more accessible to those in B.C. (still a two hour drive though).

For sure, assuming we have BC people coming.

Last edited:
It'd be a weekend for sure. I wouldn't want to take time off work.

Portland versus Seattle will likely depend on who's coming. If it's mostly Oregon folk, then the choice will be simple. :)

Seattle of course. :p

I'm thinking a Saturday afternoon in Seattle. Out of towners drive in in the morning and drive home that evening.

I'm thinking a Saturday afternoon in Seattle. Out of towners drive in in the morning and drive home that evening.

My MG might handle that. :p

I like...

if we're looking a few weeks ago... I can do Feb 4th, 11th, 25th, or March 3rd. Any of those work for others? It'd be nice to nail a day down soon.

if we're looking a few weeks ago... I can do Feb 4th, 11th, 25th, or March 3rd. Any of those work for others? It'd be nice to nail a day down soon.

I'm thinking more along the lines of May or June. If I come, I would want to bring the Viper and I'm not driving that until the weather is better.

uhmm.. we lost several posts due to the server issues today.

it basically said that Viper wanted to meet up in May or June instead.. someone suggested the Cascade Loop as a drive (which is long, full of traffic, and SR-20 usually isn't open until later, anyway, iirc). We can still do a drive in May or June, but I suggested meeting up (maybe in Portland) for a simple meetup in February or early March, and then we can still do a drive in western Washington when it gets closer to summer.

thoughts?

I'd like to meet up soon with people.. set a date for that, then do something later on in the year as well.

Yikes, more was lost than I thought. Well anyway, it'd be all ages.

Let's pick a date or something. Go for a drive up the gorge near Portland. Maybe up the old highway to Multnomah Falls and back?

(We can do Seattle this summer.)

I've never seen Multnomah Falls :(

Feb 4th is probably a bit close now.. but, let's pick one :)

I'll be at 30000 feet on the way home from Miami on the 4th, so yeah that's out for me. Any of the other days (probably) work for me.

The 4th is too early, but the other days look good.

Alright, so it looks like we have a route.

I'm just going to pick a date unless anyone has any suggestions. March 3rd perhaps?

I love that drive. Too bad my car isn't that great for having hill fun. But its still a beautiful drive.

we probably wouldn't have the opportunity to push much anyway... too much other traffic. That's the best way to do this.. having a group of cars with drivers having mixed skills all trying to push their cars isn't a great idea ;)