Pacific Northwest Meetup (previously the west coast meetup thread)

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Inspired by thedguy's gayness thread I propose a FinalGear meet up in Portland. I'm thinking Springish, earliest being the second weekend of April.

I propose Viper's spacious abode as the location of the meet. :p

I'm down, assuming I can get time off work/my car is up to the task by that time.

I might be down as well if I'm back in BC by then... Los Angeles, while on the West Coast, is too far just for a meet.

Come to think of it Vancouver to Portland isn't easily doable just for a meet either. But I do like the idea of a West Coast meet, so I would consider it.

I was gonna say "why so far north" but then if we got the Canuckistani's coming down then going anywhere interesting further south is too far.

ok I actually read your post argatoga.

Thanks for making me look like I grew up in West Hollywood and moved to Castro because "West Hollywood is just too 'don't ask, don't tell' "

Last edited:
Hey, actually April should be perfect for me as I have to cross the border to renew my Canadian work permit before the end of April!

Well...since I didn't even see someone had already posted about a west coast meetup...I'd be in, but Portland might be a little too far from home for me to manage right now. That's why I was hoping for something a little closer to home like Seattle or something.

Well...since I didn't even see someone had already posted about a west coast meetup...I'd be in, but Portland might be a little too far from home for me to manage right now. That's why I was hoping for something a little closer to home like Seattle or something.

175 miles is far? That drive for me is damn near 6x the distance at 1000 miles.

Portland's only about half a day from Vancouver, much less from Seattle, where are you located in WA?

175 miles is far? That drive for me is damn near 6x the distance at 1000 miles.

Yeah, Portland is definitely doable from Vancouver. I wasn't so sure a month ago, but driving up from LA has put things into perspective for me.

I still probably wouldn't drive 1000km roundtrip just to have a meetup for two hours, but if you tack on one or two other activities then it could be worth it.

Portland's only about half a day from Vancouver, much less from Seattle, where are you located in WA?

I think she's in Ferndale which is in Whatcom County, which is the county adjacent to BC.

If it takes you half a day to get to Portland from Vancouver WA you have problems. :p

(Yes I know.)

It isn't that far. I've gone from Bellingham to Kitsap in under two hours.

Portland is not that far. I could practically pick you up from Lynnwood and then drive you down to Portland without even blinking an eye

Sounds good.

What will be the activities?? Perhaps a nice cruise along??

-Robert

Any idea where to meet up? I haven't been to Portland before.

Shit, I just ripped out the interior of my car and was planning on doing some metal cutting in the near future.... I guess I'd better work fast... or buy a second car :D

Reminds me of when I drove my Jag for a month without any trim on my driver's side door as I waited for a part to come in. :p