Pacific Northwest Meetup (previously the west coast meetup thread)

Well, the floorboards need a bit of work, so I'm probably going to be putting the seats back in without the carpet/trim so I can atleast drive it if need be.

I'll be posting pics/updating my PYC thread either tomorrow or thursday.

Bah, you don't need all of luxuries.

Fuel cell, steering wheel, driveshaft and you're good to go. :p

sucp_0804_01_z+restoring_1971_chevy_el_camino_frame+auto_shop.jpg

Somewhere easy to get to, close off the freeway would be good to meet up I'm guessing... a big parking lot with free parking of course. From there it depends on what the activities are!! Some food perhaps?? Plenty of great places to eat here. Then touring of the city?? There are a few nice drives and some scenic spots.

-Robert

We could meet at the world biggest bookstore! *book nerd mode off* or a parking lot works fine.

Speaking of fuel cells, my fuel tank has a hole in it. <_<

Somewhere easy to get to, close off the freeway would be good to meet up I'm guessing... a big parking lot with free parking of course. From there it depends on what the activities are!! Some food perhaps?? Plenty of great places to eat here. Then touring of the city?? There are a few nice drives and some scenic spots.

IMO, we should head up toward Mt. Hood. It'd be a good drive.

When is this thing gonna go down you guys figure?

Hopefully not to soon, I'm not prepared for another road trip just yet... should be a much more attractive proposition come summer.

Mid-April would be the best for me as I have to cross the border anyway, plus I don't know if I'll still be in Canada by summer.

No on interested in coming to San Francisco? :p

I wouldn't mind San Francisco but it's really not a car friendly city and that's gonna be one long ass drive! :-D

Mid April sounds good to me as well, might be some car shows or something about... ha, we could always hit the drag strip...

-Robert

Well firstly to respond to a few things...yes I am in Ferndale. Its pretty obscure. But the reason I say Portland is bit too far for me is because of what my schedule and budget currently allow and to be honest...it isn't much. My car also seems to eat gas and I have no idea how much I'd need (and in that case how much money for gas) to get to Portland as my car has never been driven down there. I have been to Portland but it was in one of my dad's work vehicles.

Although given enough time to plan...and an actual, solid plan for me to go off of I could probably manage it - either get a couple days off, maybe a full weekend for once, save up some money, see if I can persuade mom or dad to let me take the Camaro or the Mustang if I can to make the drive a little more enjoyable. If I could take the Camaro then you guys'd have something to look at :mrgreen:

So if this is seriously gonna happen like for sure I'd totally be into making an actual effort to go. I need to start meeting new people.

My car can do Portland to Vancouver on one tank no problem, probably make it a quarter of the way back home on the same tank even. :mrgreen:

Why don't we take a survey and tentatively see who would be interested in attending? If nobody from California is coming then maybe we can move the meet further up north so the distances we each would have to drive would be split more evenly. Seattle is basically halfway between Vancouver and Portland, so if the most southerly people who would be interested are from Oregon then Seattle might be an agreeable halfway point we could meet?

Same... I think my car probably get's about 50% the mileage your car gets! :p

You could always take the Cascades train. It's rather nice, but I guess that defeats the purpose of having a meetup of a car forum. :lol:

Anyway, I'm down for a Portland one but couldn't make it to one anywhere else for a little while. License will be incoming soon, but I don't think I'll be ready for a huge roadtrip for a little while. ;)