Pacific Rim. Giant monsters, Robots, and GLaDOS.

But the giant 250ft tall robots fighting equally large monsters from another dimension are ok?
Yep. They were marvellous!

(I don't have a problem with a silly premise. I have a problem with HUGE faults within the universe defined around that premise.)

Last edited:
no.jpeg

I watched it just now with my girlfriend. We love it immensely! Elbow Rocket ftw!

Yep. They were marvellous!

(I don't have a problem with a silly premise. I have a problem with HUGE faults within the universe defined around that premise.)

After having watched it at again at home, i must say that i agree, and the stupidly cheesy final act still makes cringe.

Haha, watched it yesterday at home in 3D. Good fun. Probably the best workout my subwoofer has had in a long time... My couch was shaking like 2 hours straight...
the only thing: in the harbor fight: why the heck did they use the sword as a last measure only seconds from death...? But yeah: brain switched off -> awesome movie...

Honestly that honest trailer just makes Pacific Rim seem more awesomely dumb or dumbly awesome?

No Awesomely dumb.

I also never thought of Del Toro as the latino Peter Jackson bu that totally fucking fits.

Somehow, the Honest Trailer makes Pacific Rim still sound better than it is.

Hopefully they'll put at least some thought into the script and characters this time..

Hopefully they'll put at least some thought into the script and characters this time..

No, no, no no no no no.

None of that.

More thought into the GIANT ROBOT FIGHTS

Tonight we are cancelling the apocalypse!

(again)

Still can't wait for this :p

The title should be "Giant robots fucking shit up: the movie"

Last edited:
Yes. More!

Give some supporting characters the limelight this time around, though. It's a franchise now, you don't have to kill everyone off.