Paco's DBP 08 VW R32 (large images)

Paco

Car(s)
MKV VW R32
Finally got around to formatting some of the pics I took of my 2008 Volkswagen Golf R32 #1037.

For your edification, here is what I'm coming from:
leftside_notext.jpg

1992 Plymouth Voyager SE. 180,xxx miles on her as of April when she returned to her natural habitat of college life as my stepbrothers new ride. Great for hauling all your crap back and forth to school, as well as lugging around a dozen drunk assholes through the pounding snow, but not terribly fun to drive.

Then I have to go and see this at the beginning of Season 7 Episode 6:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9rFQPg0kbk[/YOUTUBE]

Here is a crappy cell phone pic I took of one of the .:Rs on a dealer lot last August when they had just arrived:
hawtsex.jpg

Last March I reached my goal of having $10k to drop on a down payment and I've been loving every mile since. Everything from the ergonomics of the interior, the feeling of smooth control at highway speeds, and the growl of the beefy VR6 makes getting in this car everyday an unmitigated joy.

Anyway, enough of these pointless words, here's the piccie goodness:

GravelSide1280.jpg

AtrsyEye1280.jpg

LowWide1280.jpg

FrontGrill1280.jpg

Wide1280.jpg

sideprofile1280.jpg

Edit: Added interior shots

Comfy Seats hug my pasty ass:
Seats1280.jpg

The contours of the wheel feel great:
Wheel1280.jpg

A shot while cruisin:
Console1280.jpg

Also, a shot for anybody wondering where the power is coming from:
VR6-1280.jpg

V6 FTW

:beer:

Last edited:
Nice shots, make me wish i waited an extra year for the R32 but I am happy with my GTI =D

Nice R32! how are you liking the DSG 'box? I'm still not sure about them

I've been very pleased with the DSG. I used to love the Tiptronic in my mother's 03 Audi A4 1.8T and the DSG in the .:R is pretty much the same, just faster and a lot smoother. You can easily tell a significant the difference in performance and refinement between the two.

Anti-net, what specifically are you not sure about concerning the DSG?
If you're used to a manual, there certainly is a difference, but I'm coming from a life of automatic, so I don't have any of the "what am I supposed to do with my left foot" troubles.
I usually cruise in "D" for the most part, but the times that I felt like playing with the paddles has been great. Shifting while going around an uphill corner is certainly nice, and "S" mode is a blast.
You don't even need to put the gear stick into manual mode to switch gears manually, just hit one the paddles and she'll shift without fuss.

Definitely blows away every other automatic I've been in.

^ That sounds awesome to me. I like the idea of being able to shift gears when I want to and let the car do it when I don't. Also I love going up uphill corners, it's just so fun. :yes:

Very nice car, love the color. I remember not long after i got my license (summer '02) and would cruise the dealerships dreaming of nice cars to have, the VW dealer got thier first R32 in that color, was :drool: over it!

Love the steering wheel shape. Haven't researched much on VR6s, but are cylinder banks pretty narrow to fit those in to that bay?

Last edited:
^ VR6 on Wiki

The cylinders are actually staggered. :yes:

Yeah, it's almost an inline six. Strange but very cool motor. Verrry nice car man, I saw a Mk. 5 R32 for the first time a few days ago, I loved it.
Nice R32! how are you liking the DSG 'box? I'm still not sure about them
The DSG in the Mk. 5 GTI is amazing. I'm a die-hard manual fan who loves changing gears manually just for the fun of it, but I really enjoyed the DSG in the GTI. It doesn't detract much from the fun of the car much if at all.

Haven't researched much on VR6s, but are cylinder banks pretty narrow to fit those in to that bay?

15 degrees, very narrow.

Love your car and it is a huge step up from the people van! Before I got my R I checked out a red one, but they wouldn't let anyone drive it unless they ran a credit report on you and made sure you could make the payments (no drive unless you're buying).

Good looking VW!

VVVV-DUB! nice car tho. i always fancied the R32's and im loving that color And thos seats! they look comfy :D