Spied: Pagani C9

settler

Car(s)
VW Corrado VR6
Production of the Zonda will end in September, but the R version and special one-offs like the Zonda PS might continue on for another three years in certain markets. Whereas the Zonda development was evolutionary, the C9 that will replace it should be revolutionary. Horacio [Pagani] says the Zonda was basically the same car from start to finish.

"It is simple, with a very light and robust chassis, unique comfort for a car of this type and aerodynamics that offer stability and security," whereas the C9 that will launch at the end of 2010 is, "a brand new car from concept, weight distribution, materials and dynamics: it has 3770 new parts."

Pagani says the new car was designed to "transmit the sensation of a jet at liftoff." It will be powered by a new engine that was developed exclusively for Pagani by Mercedes-Benz AMG. Beneath the rear clamshell will be a 6.0-liter bi-turbo V12 producing 700 horsepower and 1,000 nm (737 foot-pounds) of torque. That sounds a lot like the engine in the Mercedes-Benz SL65 Black, but we'll give them the benefit of the doubt. The C9 will feature a carbon-titanium chassis like the Cinque, forged Avional aluminum alloy suspension, specially developed tires from Pirelli, Bosch electronics and, most importantly to Americans, emissions that should allow it to be sold everywhere, including California. It should also incorporate active aerodynamics that are so advanced, Pagani refused to even address the topic.

Pagani hopes to quadruple production at its new factory, building around 40 cars for their worldwide market. That includes Europe, the U.S., China, Japan and the Middle East. The price, according to the article, is expected to be around 900,000 euros plus tax, but the final price won't be announced until the C9 debuts. We're expecting it to show up at the Paris Motor Show this fall, but certainly wouldn't be upset to see it sooner ? in our driveway.

pagani_c9_zdjecie_szpiegowskie_01.jpg

pagani_c9_zdjecie_szpiegowskie_02.jpg

pagani_c9_zdjecie_szpiegowskie_03.jpg

pagani_c9_zdjecie_szpiegowskie_04.jpg

pagani_c9_zdjecie_szpiegowskie_05.jpg

pagani_c9_zdjecie_szpiegowskie_06.jpg

source

it is obvious that they've put those plastics on it just so it can go out on road.. take a closer look, nothing fits..

I'd imagine this is a mule for testing, and the looks wont actually resemble the final car that much. :)

You'd hope not, lol.
Not that the original is bad, but just something new would be nice.

I smell a lawsuit with the name :shifty:
Nah, just kidding..
And yea, it's propably only a test mule.

They should keep the high capacity n/a v12. I don't like the idea of a zonda with a turbocharged Mercedes SL engine.

I too hope for a high strung n/a 12. I think its fairly obvious this is just a mule. Can't wait to see the real deal! :)

it is obvious that they've put those plastics on it just so it can go out on road.. take a closer look, nothing fits..

It's probably old test run bodywork. Pagani's a really small company. They probably recycle a ton of stuff.

I swear I saw this posted here a few months ago though I might be wrong.

It was, but I don't think it was all the same information.

The good thing about the C9 is that its going to be safety tested to be able to come to the US. I hope it looks as fantastic as the Zonda, but different - unlike aston's or porsches.

The good thing about the C9 is that its going to be safety tested to be able to come to the US. I hope it looks as fantastic as the Zonda, but different - unlike aston's or porsches.

+1. It should bear a family resemblance for sure; you should be able to identify it as a Pagani. But the look should be new as well. Ferrari manages to do this fairly well.

So they just made a Zonda C12 a bit more bubbly? lulz

I think they're just using the regular Zonda body as a test mule for the actual car, I wouldn't read into the looks very much, new car will probably look quite a bit different.

Like said before that is a testing mule, hopefully they take the mentality of the Zonda body and make it into something new and sexy.

Well that's certainly one way to put bodywork on a mule "Hey, we have some first-run prototype body panels in a corner from the original car. They're all bent and warped and don't fit properly, but they'll do."

^Cost-saving Opportunity.

Well that's certainly one way to put bodywork on a mule "Hey, we have some first-run prototype body panels in a corner from the original car. They're all bent and warped and don't fit properly, but they'll do."

Nothing wrong with that really. Its just an engineering prototype.

Maybe they'll sell off the protype in the same way Ferrari sold off the Enzo prototypes? :lol: