Pagani Zonda F; 7:27:82 at Nurburgring, fastest production car ever!

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
Apparently Pagani set a new record about a month ago, almost 5 seconds faster than Walter in his GT2! :bow:

pagani_zonda_f_727_nurburgring.jpg

http://www.autoblog.it/post/10785/pagani-zonda-f-727-al-nurburgring

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/coupes/pagani-zonda-f-sets-new-ring-record/

Walter has done 7min26secs in the Carrera GT. Just no official thats all. Could be argued a Zonda F is no more a production car than a Radical SR8. The whole thing is a bit silly anyway.

Walter has done 7min26secs in the Carrera GT. Just no official thats all. Could be argued a Zonda F is no more a production car than a Radical SR8. The whole thing is a bit silly anyway.

A production car is a production car, there are no lesser ect.

I wonder how fast the Caparo would be able to do it .... Technically, it's a production car.

Wow. That's fast.

Walter is still king though.

GT2 - 530hp / 1,440kg
Zonda F - 602hp / 1,230kg

If you ask me, the F being only 5 seconds faster says a hell of a lot more about the GT2 and Walter Rohrl than it does the F.

GT2 - 530hp / 1,440kg

If you ask me, the F being only 5 seconds faster says a hell of a lot more about the GT2 and Walter Rohrl than it does the F.

If those are the specs how the hell can the gt2 be as fast or even faster than Zonda F ? Im sure the guy in the Zonda was also a professional driver. Can that Walter guy be actually THAT good ? Seems sort of strange to me...

The guys in Sport Auto which did the official Carrera GT time of 7:32 did 7:33 in the Zonda F...

Dunno... Which tires did they have? Was it the Clubsport version?

Suedschleife;544462that engine makes most Ferraris sound like lawnmowers.[/QUOTE said:
i'm sorry, but you have that backwards. Sure the CGT sounds good when revving, but Ferraris, maybe with they exception of the F430, all sound much better under load then the CGT ever has. And any Italian V12 will completely TRASH the CGT for pure magic in sound.

I mean all the CGT has is statistics, its the fastest revving and highest pitch sounding engine, big whoop dee doo.

Last edited:
A production car is a production car, there are no lesser ect.

In that case the Radical is still king by some margin.

i'm sorry, but you have that backwards. Sure the CGT sounds good when revving, but Ferraris, maybe with they exception of the F430, all sound much better under load then the CGT ever has. And any Italian V12 will completely TRASH the CGT for pure magic in sound.

I mean all the CGT has is statistics, its the fastest revving and highest pitch sounding engine, big whoop dee doo.

Carrera GT as well for me. Not sure the V12 trashes the V10. V10 sounds amazing. Ferrari does set the bar pretty high though

Carrera GT > any recent Ferrari for me in terms of aesthetics and sound and simplicity (I can't really judge the driving characteristics)

And any Italian V12 will completely TRASH the CGT for pure magic in sound.

I disagree, I think the Carrera GT has, quite simply, one of the most stunning sounding engines that I have heard in a roadcar today (and I have heard all the Ferraris at speed and idling).

As far as the F goes, I have never heard one in real life so I cannot judge, but at least in video's it /seems/ to sound spectacular.

GT2 - 530hp / 1,440kg

True that, however;

GT2 - Porsche - Huge Multi Billion Dollar German Company

Zonda - Pagani - Working out of a big shed, and is Italian.

I say Pagani has done some fantastic work getting that German engine to work and also some fantastic engineering on the body.

Must have video!

Zonda - Pagani - Working out of a big shed, and is Italian.

I say Pagani has done some fantastic work getting that German engine to work and also some fantastic engineering on the body.

wikipedia said:
Horacio Pagani, an Argentinian who formerly managed Lamborghini's composite department, founded Pagani Composite Research in 1988. This new company worked with Lamborghini on numerous projects, including the restyling of the 25th Anniversary Countach,

Doesn't really look like a big shed and they have an engine of an even bigger million dollar company ;)

The guys in Sport Auto which did the official Carrera GT time of 7:32 did 7:33 in the Zonda F...
Got the new Sport Auto today. And quel surprise - they tested the new 997 based Porsche GT2. And quel surprise - Horst von Saurma did a laptime of 7:33 on the Ring with it. :D

My estimation is Walter will be 5 seconds faster than HvS at least.