Pagani Zonda F; 7:27:82 at Nurburgring, fastest production car ever!

Do you have any links where I could read up on the handling issues? Not trying to say it isn't true, just the reviews I seen so far praise the handling. I remember the Ben Keaton crash where the car was blamed by many, but I haven't seen any evidence to support the claims.

Fair enough, watch the Topgear were they tested it. I suppose its feel and grip are fine, but a good handling car is one that can contain its power and yet still be fast, that is truly more fun, and as of recently that is the best thing about Porsches, in particular the 997 and the Boxster.

In the CGTs defense, i do remember it being quicker around a track in one of EVO magazines tests then a Enzo.

The trickiness of the Carrera GT is what makes me love it. Not just any fool can get in it and go crazy fast (not saying they could in an Enzo or a Zonda). Maybe they made it knife-edge but you get a bigger reward when you get it right. I do love the Zonda though, there is definitely a place for it in my dream garage.

I bought a 89 Toyota MR2 for just this reason, and it did teach me a lot about driving! But as soon as i realized how easy it was to make almost as quick laptimes in Maitas it was kind of a slap in the face. I now don't plan to own such a car until i have the resources to modify the rear suspension geometry. Trust me, its much more exciting to own a car that lets you play at the limits of adhesion then it is to own a car that tries and kills you at the limits of adhesion.

When I said simplicity, I merely meant it follows a lot of the old supercar ideals. While Ferrari and Lamborghini are starting to use paddle shifters more and more, Porsche stuck with a traditional 6-speed manual. While Ferrari have lost their way completely when it comes to styling, the Carrera GT is instantly recognizable as a Porsche while still being stunning to look at. It weighs the exact same as an Enzo but has creature comforts and a well designed and interesting interior (as does the Zonda). And as far as I know, Porsche didn't decide whether or not you were worthy to own a Carrera GT like Ferrari did with the Enzo.

True, to be honest i agree with you on those points. I still don't think the sound it makes is the "be all end all" of exhaust notes, but whatever.

Of course you have driven both haven't you? I love Zondas, especially the F, which is my favorite supercar. However Richard Hammond put it rather well in the Supercars in France film a while ago, its easy round town but drive it properly and it will have your arm off.

I also haven't heard many stories about the Porsche CGT being a killer, do you have any links to any? I am confident that more Enzos have been wrecked however.

For peat sakes, read any review, watch Topgear, anything! And maybe the Zonda F isn't perfect, but it didn't have the Stig practicing all morning just to get one decent laptime.

Last edited:
Awesome awesome video. Full lap as well. What a noise!!

For peat sakes, read any review, watch Topgear, anything! And maybe the Zonda F isn't perfect, but it didn't have the Stig practicing all morning just to get one decent laptime.

Haven't seen any being negative apart from Topgear. One magazine and program doesn't make the car a bad handler. In fact I remember Jeremy saying that the Stig said it was brilliant. I read a feature in a magazine with Mark Webber praising it as well.

The point I was also trying to make is that all supercars are tricky and will kill a driver if they get it wrong, no matter how easy/difficult a review says they are to drive. Even a Veyron for example, everyone says how stable and easy it is, I bet it isn't when you overstep the mark.

Last edited:
The German car magazine Powercar published a report of the lap in its most recent edition.
The 7.27 was actually the 1st lap of the driver that was aimed at the record. Unfortunately, he ran out of fuel near the end of the 2nd lap. He was on course for a lap under 7.20 min. The driver said that the 7.27 was no way near the full potential of the car and that there will be another attempt to go faster in 2008.