Panama Papers Corruption scandal

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Another massive motherload of documents on hidden corruption:

Revealed: the $2bn offshore trail that leads to Vladimir Putin

Iceland?s PM faces calls for snap election after offshore revelations

Sigmundur Dav?? Gunnlaugsson under fire after leaked papers show he failed to declare stake in offshore company

Fifa faces new credibility crisis after leaks
http://www.theguardian.com/news/series/panama-papers

http://www.lemonde.fr/panama-papers...systeme-offshore-mondial_4894816_4890278.html

https://panamapapers.icij.org/

Last edited:
Looking forward to see what will be unearthed (especially in Norway, I suspect the Norwegian partner paper, Aftenposten, has some Norwegian examples saved away for their print edition..).

Corruption is everywhere and the internets is helping put the light on the scum doing it.

They allege that Putin has $40 billion buried away worldwide.

I've seen hints that many world leaders and representatives are involved as well as FIFA, etc, but surprisingly haven't seen much mention about US involvement. ..kinda socked. ..but time will tell.

Last edited:
I've seen hints that many world leaders and representatives are involved as well as FIFA, etc, but surprisingly haven't seen much mention about US involvement. ..kinda socked. ..but time will tell.
We're talking about humongous amounts of documents. Give it time.

What I find fascinating is how RT's angle is how UK media is focusing on Putin, rather than Cameron's dad. Cause Cameron's dad more or less robbed the British economy of billions. Yesterday, RT didn't even mention Panama outside a short story buried away from their front page.

Weird how that happens, eh?

...and the people who were exposed as criminals are already looking for the next "offshore solution". :wall:

You expected things to change overnight? It is just nice to see them squirm and run from the light for a bit. It might make me believe in a higher power if real justice is done.

You expected things to change overnight?
Not at all. The above was just my frustration speaking.

It is just nice to see them squirm and run from the light for a bit.
It would only be nice if they had nowhere to run to, but sadly, there are loads of places.

It might make me believe in a higher power if real justice is done.
Frankly, I'd be quite happy to content myself with a little bit of trust in the justice system.

After all the leaks from the previous years by wikileaks and others, i'm not even suprised anymore by how corrupt the world (and rich people) is.

I do hope that a lot of people are put to shame because ... drama! :twisted:

#popcorn #sitbackandenjoytheshow #iwanttoseetheworldburn

Oh, Jackie Chan...

The really troubling thought is that things like this, wikileaks, etc, they're just the tip of the iceberg...

We're talking about humongous amounts of documents. Give it time.

What I find fascinating is how RT's angle is how UK media is focusing on Putin, rather than Cameron's dad. Cause Cameron's dad more or less robbed the British economy of billions. Yesterday, RT didn't even mention Panama outside a short story buried away from their front page.

Weird how that happens, eh?
RT is literally owned by the Russian government and, in turn, by Putin. They'll always take his side.

I doubt anyone at RT is taking his side, but they have bent to his will and will not be reporting on the story in any measurable way.

RT is literally owned by the Russian government and, in turn, by Putin. They'll always take his side.

That was kind of my point.

I doubt anyone at RT is taking his side, but they have bent to his will and will not be reporting on the story in any measurable way.

RT is as much an organ of the regime as Pravda was an organ of the party.

RT makes Jerusalem Post's relationship with the IDF look hostile.

...and the people who were exposed as criminals are already looking for the next "offshore solution". :wall:

Not to defend anyone, but afaik this sort of thing doesn't exactly make you a criminal, it's just morally questionable and it also puts you in close proximity to actual criminals that use this sort of fake accounts for money laundering.

It's simply pretentious and superficial when politicians expects their citizens to pay tax while parking their own money some place abroad where they don't have to pay (much) tax.

Honestly I wouldn't be too surprised to find a lot of the "rich and famous" variety as well as a rather large number of heads of state involved in this kind of thing. If you got the money and the connections, and as long as it's still sort of not illegal, you might as well go for it... at least as long as you're prepared to live with the consequences.

Can't the world just round up all the people mentioned in these papers and shoot them dead?

Can't the world just round up all the people mentioned in these papers and shoot them dead?

Err.. no?

Having a bank account in another country is not a crime. Things have to be investigated, checked out and judged on their own merits.