Pandas, am I right?

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
Used as a tool, cared for but not treated lightly; yes. A Panda should be used, abused, and had fun with. Not lovingly restored to originality at unnecessary expense. Same goes for the modern one - trash it and enjoy it while you still have it.

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
Used as a tool, cared for but not treated lightly; yes. A Panda should be used, abused, and had fun with. Not lovingly restored to originality at unnecessary expense. Same goes for the modern one - trash it and enjoy it while you still have it.
Better to drive a terrible car than a boring one (excluding certain models that fall under both categories of course). Pandas are silly and get a thumbs up in my book :D

Someone has to keep the things going for the rest of us to laugh at.

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
All fun and games until the WWF (either one) destroys you for abusing it.

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
This section of the forum appeared and had no thread, I had to do something. :p

Telling a guy at work the misfortune mine has had at the MOT center. "Just write it off or say it was stolen."
People don't get it. :|

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
Out of curiosity, if a car fails MOT is it immediately thrown into the incinerator or do they just fine you?

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
No you just have a choice to pay to fix it or take it off the road. You only get fined for driving a car without a valid MOT. Then they'll also do you for no insurance :p

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
When the MOT runs out/fails, you can only drive it to an MOT tester.

Heathrow

Yes, as in the airport.
Car(s)
1995 BMW 325i SE
No you just have a choice to pay to fix it or take it off the road. You only get fined for driving a car without a valid MOT. Then they'll also do you for no insurance :p
Because the small print on the insurance policy always says something like " .. vehicle must be in a road worthy condition. "

If the annual MOT was failed, then by definition the car is not in a road worthy condition. Hence, no valid insurance policy even though you may have paid the full amount of money for the insurance. You are wasting your money basically.

The additional fine for "no insurance" is at least ?200, plus 6 points on your licence which is way worse for most people. Your next annual insurance premium will go up, big style.

The traffic cops know this loophole, but most car owner / drivers do not.

:rolleyes:

.. and now, back to the Pandas

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
Because the small print on the insurance policy always says something like " .. vehicle must be in a road worthy condition. "
I don't even think they bother being sneaky - I don't have a policy to hand but I would expect it to say 'must have a valid MOT'. Same for tax.

Anyway; Giant Panda! Never before bred in captivity!
i091993.jpg

Andeh

is teahte tbungafloed
Car(s)
Fiestas, Mondeos, Anglia, Austin 7, Corsair, Chrys
My sister in law has a Panda

I don't like it.

ScarFace88

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'00 CVPI, '88 Integra, '05 GTO
I don't really have an opinion, as I've only seen them on the road, and I haven't driven or sat in one.q

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
I think I missed the rant, but why isn't the current Panda seen as a 'real' Panda? I'm guessing Parkinsons?

Heathrow

Yes, as in the airport.
Car(s)
1995 BMW 325i SE
I don't even think they bother being sneaky - I don't have a policy to hand but I would expect it to say 'must have a valid MOT'. Same for tax.
Yeah probably, I was thinking of the old company style, traditional insurers, but the new mass-market online & telphone ones probably say the MOT thing. Dunno about the tax, don't know how that would increase insurance risk.

:smile: