Cactus and Panda Classic
Classic_Fiat_Panda_4x4_Cross_Country.jpg

fiat-panda-classic-2012-le-foto.jpg

http://img163.imageshack.**/img163/9407/imag02301r.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.**/img7/5524/imag0229p.jpg
http://img835.imageshack.**/img835/5715/imag02311.jpg
panda-cross.jpg

car_photo_213362_25.jpg

fiat-panda-2004-yellow-hatchback-1-2-dynamic-5dr-076c2fb8aa0c3798bc9de9a5f30b7dc2-m2.jpg

In the interest of fairness...

MX5mk1Blog04-530x352.jpg

Volvo-850-T5.jpg

toyota_yaris_sr.jpg

carlisle_006.jpg

Skoda-range.jpg

Used as a tool, cared for but not treated lightly; yes. A Panda should be used, abused, and had fun with. Not lovingly restored to originality at unnecessary expense. Same goes for the modern one - trash it and enjoy it while you still have it.

the handling is immense! it must have solid axles :p

Used as a tool, cared for but not treated lightly; yes. A Panda should be used, abused, and had fun with. Not lovingly restored to originality at unnecessary expense. Same goes for the modern one - trash it and enjoy it while you still have it.

Better to drive a terrible car than a boring one (excluding certain models that fall under both categories of course). Pandas are silly and get a thumbs up in my book :D

Someone has to keep the things going for the rest of us to laugh at.

All fun and games until the WWF (either one) destroys you for abusing it.

That 100HP Panda...yummy.

You missed to put an E30 in there :)

This section of the forum appeared and had no thread, I had to do something. :p

Telling a guy at work the misfortune mine has had at the MOT center. "Just write it off or say it was stolen."
People don't get it. :|

Out of curiosity, if a car fails MOT is it immediately thrown into the incinerator or do they just fine you?

No you just have a choice to pay to fix it or take it off the road. You only get fined for driving a car without a valid MOT. Then they'll also do you for no insurance :p

When the MOT runs out/fails, you can only drive it to an MOT tester.

No you just have a choice to pay to fix it or take it off the road. You only get fined for driving a car without a valid MOT. Then they'll also do you for no insurance :p

Because the small print on the insurance policy always says something like " .. vehicle must be in a road worthy condition. "

If the annual MOT was failed, then by definition the car is not in a road worthy condition. Hence, no valid insurance policy even though you may have paid the full amount of money for the insurance. You are wasting your money basically.

The additional fine for "no insurance" is at least ?200, plus 6 points on your licence which is way worse for most people. Your next annual insurance premium will go up, big style.

The traffic cops know this loophole, but most car owner / drivers do not.

:rolleyes:

.. and now, back to the Pandas

Because the small print on the insurance policy always says something like " .. vehicle must be in a road worthy condition. "

I don't even think they bother being sneaky - I don't have a policy to hand but I would expect it to say 'must have a valid MOT'. Same for tax.

Anyway; Giant Panda! Never before bred in captivity!
i091993.jpg

I don't really have an opinion, as I've only seen them on the road, and I haven't driven or sat in one.q

I think I missed the rant, but why isn't the current Panda seen as a 'real' Panda? I'm guessing Parkinsons?

I don't even think they bother being sneaky - I don't have a policy to hand but I would expect it to say 'must have a valid MOT'. Same for tax.

Yeah probably, I was thinking of the old company style, traditional insurers, but the new mass-market online & telphone ones probably say the MOT thing. Dunno about the tax, don't know how that would increase insurance risk.

:smile: