Paris: Lexus IS250C

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
Boy is this thing awkward..

01_lexus_is250c_live_450op.jpg

03_lexus_is250c_press.jpg

Lexus has chopped off two doors and the roof from the IS250 to create the IS250C, due to arrive in Europe in the summer of 2009, and the U.S. shortly thereafter.

The 2009 Lexus IS250C features a three-piece aluminum roof that retracts in a "world's fastest" 20 seconds, and features revised overhangs 15mm (front) and 55mm (rear) longer than the sedan, a new fog lamp design and a rising beltline that integrates into the revised haunches. The IS250C's rear end leaves a lot to be desired, with an odd assortment of angles terminating into a set of awkwardly placed LED taillights. With the top up, nothing seems to seamlessly blend together, looking like an ill-advised amalgamation of the outgoing SC430 and BMW 335i. Inside, thing get mildly better ? in typical staid Lexus tradition ? with a set of rollover hoops for the rear seat passengers, a 12-speaker Mark Levinson sound system and a speed sensitive climate control system that will boost the heat during open air jaunts. And naturally, you can fit a golf bag in the trunk with the top down.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/02/paris-2008-2009-lexus-is250c/

Wow... that's... pretty bad.

....why? Lexus, tell me, why?

Note to Lexus: Next time put some effort into styling the car before you chuck it into production

My eyes... the burning...

That's tragically horrid - and yet another example of how goddamn awful the majority of folding-metal-roof cars are. It's just so, so very bad. Almost comically ill-proportioned.

They ruined my beautiful IS... it's funny how the exact same front and back can look so different without that roof.

Although to be honest I can't judge this at all, because I'm so used to seeing the 4-door IS every day... I don't think any other design would look right to me.

Lexus desperately needed to get in this segment of the market, but I think they should have just designed a different coupe like Audi with the A4/5 and not like BMW and the 3-Series.

Edit: There were rumours of a coupe IS even as far back as when the second-generation IS was debuted... so I wonder, why did Lexus waste 3 years before bringing out the coupe convertible? It's the exact same car as the sedan, minus 2 doors.

Last edited:
It's a Volvolkswagen EOC30...

Lexus proves yet again, that they cannot make a convertible.

Lexus proves yet again, that they cannot make a good looking car

fixed :whistle:
Though it really doesn't look that much worse than most 4-5 seater hardtop convertibles.

the goggles! THEY DO NOTHING!

srsly how the hell did this idea get past anyone at Lexus? The "lets make a 4 door saloon, and then make 2 really really bigass doors instead so it's less practical" idea was bad, but the "lets make it have a retractable roof so it's even wobblier in corners, and lets charge a bunch more money for it" takes the cake

do seriously not want

Lexus just doesn't get it. Ever.

Lexus proves yet again, that they cannot make a convertible.

The SC isn't that bad for a little trophy wife car. Honestly convertibles are like Clarkson said good for women with great cleavage but not good for guys. If your young you look like a dork if your old people see your bald spot.

Ew, an expensive Solara. Do NOT want. At all. A4 convertible or 3-series convertible or CLK please.

Once again, cause I feel that this really does need to be stressed, EW.

fixed :whistle:
Though it really doesn't look that much worse than most 4-5 seater hardtop convertibles.

Lexus just doesn't get it. Ever.

Oh wow, a genuinely new idea from the two of you!

I think the IS looks head and shoulders better than the A4, C-Class or the E90 3-Series (not E92 though). You can call me biased, but I could have just as easily bought any of those other cars last year.

Even people in the Lexus forums are largely not liking this at all... but you stupid haters are ready to go with your inaccurate preconceived notions whenever the opportunity arises.

Edit: It looks a lot better with the roof down... I'd post them here, but why bother? You could stick a Lexus badge on a Lambo and people will still look down on it.

Lexus C70

Looks absolutely nothing like the C70... in fact I think this Lexus looks more like the new Pontiac coupe+convertible than anything else. :puke:

Oh wow, a genuinely new idea from the two of you!

I think the IS looks head and shoulders better than the A4, C-Class or the E90 3-Series (not E92 though). You can call me biased, but I could have just as easily bought any of those other cars last year.

Even people in the Lexus forums are largely not liking this at all... but you stupid haters are ready to go with your inaccurate preconceived notions whenever the opportunity arises.

Edit: It looks a lot better with the roof down... I'd post them here, but why bother? You could stick a Lexus badge on a Lambo and people will still look down on it.

I just don't understand how any company like Toyota can make such boring cars with that much income. The IS Sedan isn't bad looking, but it's still boring, just like the rest of the range. There's nothing special about these cars other than the fact that the dealerships are great to deal with. I don't "hate" Lexus, do not blindly label people who don't agree with you as haters because it nullifies your argument showing you have a bias coming in.

I just don't understand how any company like Toyota can make such boring cars with that much income. The IS Sedan isn't bad looking, but it's still boring, just like the rest of the range. There's nothing special about these cars other than the fact that the dealerships are great to deal with. I don't "hate" Lexus, do not blindly label people who don't agree with you as haters because it nullifies your argument showing you have a bias coming in.

I called you two haters because you came into a thread about one car that's just been revealed and made fun of the parent company as a whole without providing any arguments other than 'Lexus sucks and have always sucked'.

Why do you think Lexus makes boring cars? Yes, many of their cars are boring for you and me because they're not targeting us... the average ES, GS and LS buyer are the same type of people who would buy Buicks, except they have a bit more taste and money.

But even that doesn't make Lexus as a whole boring. Go drive an IS, even the bottom of the range IS250 RWD and tell me in all honesty it's a boring car. Might not match a 3-Series exactly in terms of the feel it provides the driver, but to me and a lot of other people that's a fair trade off for a better looking and less common car that's also cheaper to buy/run.

RightRearTpUp.jpg

07_Pontiac_G6Conv_05.jpg

How did they manage to turn one of the best looking compact sports sedan into this monstrosity? Everything about it looks Pontiac G6-esque...

shawns is a clear defense from an owner of a IS. peoples opinions are as they are. I completely agree with shawn when he says that every car has target qualities aimed for specific people, it's what fits the driver. however toyota/lexus seems to have always been in the market to make more money, by designing cars that could fit most demographics - which includes good ride quality, nonoffensive designs (i sigh when i see many of their designs thinking - compromise), and cost efficient production.

but this car.... is ... :think:.. the hood should be longer.. The more i look at it, i realize this car was never designed to be a coupe, they can't really do anything design wise, without changing the wheel base. It really needed a completely new body, like the bmw 3 series did, the accord!, the maxima, the list goes forever.. if other companies could afford to design a coupe why does the worlds largest compromise to increase the potential profit margin? The sedan looks fabulous though, my family owns one its great when your just want to relax.