Paris: Lexus IS250C

I called you two haters because you came into a thread about one car that's just been revealed and made fun of the parent company as a whole without providing any arguments other than 'Lexus sucks and have always sucked'.

Why do you think Lexus makes boring cars? Yes, many of their cars are boring for you and me because they're not targeting us... the average ES, GS and LS buyer are the same type of people who would buy Buicks, except they have a bit more taste and money.

But even that doesn't make Lexus as a whole boring. Go drive an IS, even the bottom of the range IS250 RWD and tell me in all honesty it's a boring car. Might not match a 3-Series exactly in terms of the feel it provides the driver, but to me and a lot of other people that's a fair trade off for a better looking and less common car that's also cheaper to buy/run.

I never said Lexus sucks and they always have. You assumed that. I really didn't feel like typing some long winded response at the time.

Lexus makes boring cars because they don't know any better. It's not hard to make 'normal' cars fun, just ask BMW, Honda, etc. Just because they're not targeting me, someone who wants to enjoy driving their car, does not make my opinion irrelevant. Instead they remove the driver entirely from the equation and serve out vanilla in car form.

I've driven most of the Lexus range and none of them really engage me. Every time I drove one it was a feeling of "that was entirely unoffensive and unmemorable". Compared to a 3 series which is fun and begs me to go the long way. That's the key factor in any car, what keeps it from being some disposable appliance.

I called you two haters because you came into a thread about one car that's just been revealed and made fun of the parent company as a whole without providing any arguments other than 'Lexus sucks and have always sucked'.

Why do you think Lexus makes boring cars? Yes, many of their cars are boring for you and me because they're not targeting us... the average ES, GS and LS buyer are the same type of people who would buy Buicks, except they have a bit more taste and money.

But even that doesn't make Lexus as a whole boring. Go drive an IS, even the bottom of the range IS250 RWD and tell me in all honesty it's a boring car. Might not match a 3-Series exactly in terms of the feel it provides the driver, but to me and a lot of other people that's a fair trade off for a better looking and less common car that's also cheaper to buy/run.

I never said Lexus sucked or that the IS is bad to drive. All I was implying was that Lexus doesn't make very good looking cars (other than the LS). I could say the same thing about BMW, MB, Saab, Buick, Acura, and probably a few others that are in direct competition with Lexus. No need to take it personal.

That is dreadful! And the sad thing is - people probably will buy it.

As someone else said; Lexus can't do convertibles.

Eek...pointless. I'd rather have the G37 convertible. (Has then been released officially yet?)...but I still wouldn't want that, either.

Hey, guess what I just noticed. This looks like a Genesis coupe. I know the genesis coupe is a ripoff of lexus... but seriously. Also the hyundai has a much better roofline :lol:

01_lexus_is250c_live.jpg

Genesis_Coupe_at_NYIAS.jpg

I never thought bout this before...so...how come this car and cars like it have have a non-existant B-pillar....and the Camaro/Challenger can't? They had to put in a real pillar, and hide it behind "black-out."

Did you even need to make a convertible IS, Lexus?

Uh, yes... all of their competitors, save for Infiniti, have convertible versions of their entry-level sedans. It was either the IS or the ES coupe convertible. :lol:

I hate the ISX50C (I assume there's a 350 as well?) as much as anyone, but they did need a car to fill this segment. Too bad they failed miserably... I'm actually kinda peeved to be associated with this ugly POS now for owning an IS.

I've driven most of the Lexus range and none of them really engage me. Every time I drove one it was a feeling of "that was entirely unoffensive and unmemorable". Compared to a 3 series which is fun and begs me to go the long way. That's the key factor in any car, what keeps it from being some disposable appliance.

So Lexus owners have to think like you...wow what a bunch of goddamn self centered arrogance. I can tell by your car selection you like serious drivers cars, and that's fine, so do i, but seriously there are PLENTY of manufacturers that make the kind of cars we want, why does every single brand/make have to make serious drivers cars when the ppl who buy lexuses and whatnot clearly buy what they want, and maybe they DONT want performance drivers. They want comfortable places to sit while driving back n forth from work.

News flash: ppl who buy lexuses have different wants and priorities than you, and guess what, they clearly like what lexus cars have to offer them and fits in their lifestyle. My parents have owned 2 lexuses, my friends own and drive many lexuses. ive driven them and they're great cars.

I love how ppl on these forums can be so close-minded and inflexible that every car on the market has to be for focused 'drivers' like them. They need to get over their sense of 'me me me' self-importance.

Last edited:
that is truly fugly

Ew, an expensive Solara. Do NOT want. At all. A4 convertible or 3-series convertible or CLK please.

Once again, cause I feel that this really does need to be stressed, EW.

Seriously, those look alot worse than this. OK except the Audi.
I don't get the hate... it isn't ugly it looks kinda good really.

Things that I like about this car: They based it on the IS and not the ES. RWD > FWD. I also like the Lexus decided to get into this market.

I like the IS a lot, and is not "boring" like other cars in the line. However, this convertible version leaves a lot to be desired. But the 3-Series doesn't look so hot with the top up either, and does look better in person, so I will reserve judgment until I see one in the flesh.

As a Lexus IS250 owner I can't say I like it very much.... Yes it's better looking as the SC, but the normal saloon is a lot prettier than the cabrio. :)

Here's some photos with the top down, and it looks much better

250j7eq.jpg

15xa0eu.jpg

But yet it doesnt look perfect with the top up compared to the Sedan, but those of you who don't like the look of it must note the BMW 3 series hardtop convertible suffers the same looks with the top of compared to the sweeping rooflines of the regular non-convertible coupe.

Also i'm assuming those of you who call it epic fail have some automotive engineering design background, so i'm interested in hearing your suggestions on how to maintain the rear sweeping roofline and large rear window glass while not compromising trunk space/storage with the whole roof assembly down.

Please speak up and put your money where your mouth is.