No 56k: Parked like an idiot

Taiga

more like a douche

wjjr7b.jpg

JipJopJones

Car(s)
1979 Cressida Wagon, 1981 Corolla Hardtop
Unfortunatley I don't have any pictures. But I was going to put this is the stupid drivers stories, but this is probably more sutable.

Back When I was in hight school our parking lot was always full. All the staff would park and leave MAYBE 10-15 spots for students. Most day's I'd manage to get a spot, but occationally I wouldn't.

So, as you enter the lot, there is a a median with stall parking facing the school. At the end of the median there was a large island that would fit a car... Much like a podium I enjoyed parking my El Camino up on the island. All the staff and students knew it was my car, but I never got called out on it. I was pretty happy with my special spot.

Here is a google map if you are having a tough time figuring what I mean....

C3Vette

more like a douche

wjjr7b.jpg

Douche? I don't think so.

He/She is just protecting the car, I'd park that way too if I had a Z06 Vette here in Finland and had to park it to a lets say, a crowded supermarket parkinglot..

The pontiac is already full of dents and other marks thanks to the caring fellow roadusers.

edit: just noticed the "staff" sign. I sure hope that the car belongs to one of the staffmembers :D

Last edited:

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
He's a douche if that spot is near the front of the lot, or if there aren't plenty of other open spaces. Every day some 90s Acura CL was double-parked at my High School parking lot which was constantly full.

sonza68

Car(s)
'00 Cougar/'07 Explorer
Agreed, doing that in the far corner of a parking lot it one thing, parking like that in a crowded lot is another story. The Horizon I drove in HS was narrow enough to park in the partial spots left when people parked like that so on multiple occasions people came out to find me parked a couple inches off their drivers door.

FDaihatsu

Car(s)
Polol 1.8GTI
"I have a hybrid, I'm superior to you puny cyclists"

Someone wanted to exploit both his Land-Cruiser's off road abilities and most of the available space in the city centre.

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
Yep, that's some serious off roading there. Good to see the owner is using it to its fullest :lol:

Hbriz

Ballroom Blitz
Car(s)
'07 Megane dCi
02122009.jpg

Hmm, an unbelievably enormous imported Chevy truck with chromed rims parked across 4 spaces in Bunnings carpark. I wonder what sort of person drives it?

I suppose that was probably the only way it was going to fit anyway.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Probably a bmw driver who wanted to be more of a cock than bmw could provide him with.

Cowboy

My name is Sheridan
02122009.jpg

Hmm, an unbelievably enormous imported Chevy truck with chromed rims parked across 4 spaces in Bunnings carpark. I wonder what sort of person drives it?

I suppose that was probably the only way it was going to fit anyway.

european parkinspaces tend to be smaller then US and australian ones, And I have had to do some creative shit to get the truck parked sometimes, but never, EVER did I have to do something even close to that outragous....That moron!

Last edited:

Brother Michael

Car(s)
-02 BMW 530d Touring M-Sport
Now that's understandable and I can see how she migh have had problems. You can clearly see how tight the space is and barely any room to move around. And the car itself; well it's huge !!

I am amazed she managed to get it even that well in. That's almost the same as parking a Ford GT in a finnish shopping mall car park. Give her a medal for that I say. She should be awarded for her achievement.

Last edited:

Cowboy

My name is Sheridan
Now that's understandable and I can see how she migh have had problems. You can clearly see how tight the space is and barely any room to move around. And the car itself; well it's huge !!

I am amazed she managed to get it even that well in. That's almost the same as parking a Ford GT in a finnish shopping mall car park. Give her a medal for that I say. She should be awarded for ther achievement.

I love how you immidiatly refer to the driver as a 'she' just by looking at the disaster at hand :lol:

Zesty

Not A Dude
Car(s)
05 Honda Jazz VTi-S
I might be a fellow 'she', but looking at that I'd be very tempted to assume that the driver is a 'she' too. Every time I've ever seen a small car being parked badly it has always been a female at the wheel. When I first started driving my car and wasn't used to its dimensions and sloping away edges, if I even got a little too close to one of the lines I'd say 'Oh bugger!' and then fix it. I would never ever leave a car parked like that!

Seriously, what's the harm in coming out a little and fixing it up / trying again? :?

Last edited:

Blayde

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'06 Honda Civic EXi, '11 Kia Sportage EX
Someone wanted to exploit both his Land-Cruiser's off road abilities and most of the available space in the city centre.

Whats wrong with that, I do that in my 4x4 when there's no parking... there's got to be SOME use when you're not offroading :p