No 56k: Parked like an idiot

photo20_zpsad0dbdae.jpg

A little late but right after Hurricane Sandy someone decides to park their Honda Element in two parking spaces (in a parking lot maybe made for 30 cars, this was the only spot left).

I have a problem with militant bicyclists that think cars must yield to them because they're being environmentally conscious and car drivers aren't, so they position themselves to be hard to pass, get mad when you do, and blow through stop signs and red lights without even looking for crossing traffic. Regular bicyclists who follow applicable laws and behave like courteous road users, I have no problem with. Even if I did, the BMW parking like that is an asshole, and being an asshole to an asshole still makes you an asshole.

Now, this will prob get some applause here for blocking a bikestand,

I should sure hope not. That BMW is parked like a total jackass.

Nothing wrong with riding a bicycle. It's good exercise.

There's no blanket hate towards cyclists. Only lycra warriors who think they're above you, every other motorist on the road and all the rules and regulations.

So basically it's blanket hate towards jack-offs.

I have a problem with militant bicyclists that think cars must yield to them because they're being environmentally conscious and car drivers aren't, so they position themselves to be hard to pass, get mad when you do, and blow through stop signs and red lights without even looking for crossing traffic. Regular bicyclists who follow applicable laws and behave like courteous road users, I have no problem with. Even if I did, the BMW parking like that is an asshole, and being an asshole to an asshole still makes you an asshole.

As an occasional cyclist, I stop at red lights and Stop signs not to be considerate but cos if I don't, I might get killed.

I have a problem with militant bicyclists that think cars must yield to them because they're being environmentally conscious and car drivers aren't, so they position themselves to be hard to pass, get mad when you do, and blow through stop signs and red lights without even looking for crossing traffic.

Speaking of, I nearly ran over one yesterday. Stupid twat ran the red light (crossing traffic, I had the green) without a care.
Gave me a snobbish glance after I did the hard stop; "Oh, you had the green light? Well I'm still better than you and your Earth-destroying death machine."

I don't condone violence against bikers as many do respect the rules of the road, but some just really need to be set straight...

Today i learned that a Renault Megane estate is so big that it needs two parking spots.

Kcghpfk.jpg

Not a recent pic, (obviously) but this person parked facing the drive-thru lane. I actually saw her get out, look, and see where she was. She shrugged, and walked in anyway.

DSCN1650.JPG

Unrelated, but still bad:

DSCN1692.JPG

Who decided that white lines on nearly white pavement was a good choice in the first place?

That's actually very common in Wisconsin, too. Many roads use very light-colored pavement materials, and the white lines are nearly invisible. And, because it snows, you can't really do any of those lane-marker reflectors, because the first snow ploy will just shave 'em right off.

And, because it snows, you can't really do any of those lane-marker reflectors, because the first snow ploy will just shave 'em right off.

Do they not have recessed reflectors like they do out here? You can plow right over them.