No 56k: Parked like an idiot

Isn't yellow normally the color that tells where *not* to park?

Over here, yellow lines are always temporary markings (mostly used during roadworks), and supercede white lines. Haven't ever seen them used for parking spaces though.

I think they were used in this case because they were more visible than the faded white lines which they were too lazy to remove, so bright yellow would reduce confusion.

Bear in mind this isn't road markings, it's a private car park - there is no protocol of what colour to paint lines, it's up to whoever owns the place, they could be rainbow stripes for all I care.

Well, it's not that another car could park to the left of him because of the pole. The driver just wants to prevent people banging their doors in his one when parking to the right of him.

This thing has been parked outside my house like this for 5 days now.

It is also important to note that this car is parked at the end of the parking zone, meaning that there was nothing parked in front of them preventing them from, I don't know, driving forward and reversing back straighter?

Last edited:
This one isn't so bad, but it made me cringe when I saw it, so here you go.

crnchstang.jpg

In a carpark which is pretty much starting to be full, this is a douche move. I understand it's a nice car and wanting to protect it but dont do it like that. I personally found the furthest park away, next to a kerb. Slightly longer walk but noone parked near me.

DSC_0066.JPG

Since when is that a nice car? :p

This one isn't so bad, but it made me cringe when I saw it, so here you go.

crnchstang.jpg

as someone with a lower car, i admire this. I am very good at getting as close to the curb/stopper without hitting it, if i don't do that my ass sticks out and blocks the road and i hate being "that guy"

Yeah, if it was a stock Mustang, it would have been fine. But it was one of those lower Hertz Mustangs with a Boss 302 splitter. Probably going to end up being an expensive rental when the final bill comes.

I understand it's a nice car and wanting to protect it
It's a VE Calais. On LPG. Worth probably all of 12 grand and not exactly irreplaceable... :p and there's probably 50 other VEs in the same car park, parked normally. He has no excuse. And I bet he parked like that not to protect it, but just because he didn't give a shit.

Since when is that a nice car? :p

It's a VE Calais. On LPG. Worth probably all of 12 grand and not exactly irreplaceable... :p and there's probably 50 other VEs in the same car park, parked normally. He has no excuse. And I bet he parked like that not to protect it, but just because he didn't give a shit.

I said it was nice, I didn't say it was awesome or brilliant or anything. I use 'nice' to describe anything that isn't completely horrible :p

Dont think it's on LPG, no red diamond on the number plate, also he's paid for the premium plate so obviously cares a bit for it. To you and me it's a bog standard Calais, to him it's probably his pride and joy. And here you are being a dick about it :p :D