No 56k: Parked like an idiot

I present the all-time champion:

0iQUGQq.jpg

Last edited:
Is that at a hospital? If yes, that is the king moran of all the morans!

Humm, helicopters have slings, I wonder what's the maximum sling load of an AW109 :think:

Not to excuse the idiot parking there, but putting the helipad essentially right next to the parking spots without any separation apart from a painted line really asks for it...

Not to excuse the idiot parking there, but putting the helipad essentially right next to the parking spots without any separation apart from a painted line really asks for it...

Are you allowed to cross a solid line? I think not.

Wonder where this is.

Why do you think that's a hospital?

Not many helicopter landing pads have a parking lot that close to them. Hospitals are one of those exceptions, they tend to be very close to the ER when they are not on top of the building.

Are you allowed to cross a solid line? I think not.

Wonder where this is.

Here, a solid white line is a suggestion to not cross, but not a requirement. In other words, you are allowed to cross a solid white line. You are not allowed to cross a double solid line, with double white lines separating traffic going the same direction and double yellow lines separating traffic going opposite directions.

If that's in a place with striping rules like ours, it's legal to cross those white lines.

^Ah, here it's different: There is no distinction between a solid white line and a double one, hence double ones basicly don't exist over here.
Going over a solid white line is a fairly serious traffic offence. Doesn't matter if only with two or four wheels: Say goodbye to your driver licence for a month.

There is only one exemption: Overtaking a vehicle (farm tractors mostly) that cannot drive faster than 30km/h (has to have a sign on the back) is allowed. = The classic driver exam question.

Here, a solid white line is a suggestion to not cross, but not a requirement. In other words, you are allowed to cross a solid white line. You are not allowed to cross a double solid line, with double white lines separating traffic going the same direction and double yellow lines separating traffic going opposite directions.

If that's in a place with striping rules like ours, it's legal to cross those white lines.

^Ah, here it's different: There is no distinction between a solid white line and a double one, hence double ones basicly don't exist over here.
Going over a solid white line is a fairly serious traffic offence. Doesn't matter if only with two or four wheels: Say goodbye to your driver licence for a month.

There is only one exemption: Overtaking a vehicle (farm tractors mostly) that cannot drive faster than 30km/h (has to have a sign on the back) is allowed. = The classic driver exam question.

I'm also surprised by that, here in Quebec it is illegal to cross a solid single line. Relevant part of the CSR (code de la s?curit? routi?re):

http://legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/showdoc/cs/C-24.2?langCont=en#se:326_1

326.1. The driver of a road vehicle shall not cross any of the following lines marking off lanes:
1? a solid single line;
2? a solid double line;
3? a double line consisting of a broken line and a solid line, the latter being adjacent to the lane in which the road vehicle is moving.
In addition to the exceptions provided for in sections 344 and 378, the first paragraph does not apply where the driver must leave the lane he is using because it is obstructed or closed to traffic, or in order to make a left turn towards another road or a private entry; the driver must however assure himself he can do so in safety.

I tried to find the answer to what's legal in Missouri. I ran into a confusing labyrinth of misinformation and outdated statutes. Obviously if the solid white line is defining the shoulder of a road it is illegal to cross it unless you are pulling over for an emergency or emergency vehicle. Double white lines are usually marked as being illegal to cross, though I have seen many people cross them. Other than that, like many traffic regulations, it seems it's up to the officer if they pull you over or not.

it is???
any of the belgians who can confirm this is the case over here as well?

That's awesome :lol:

Would love to see a video when they came back looking for the car.

it is???
any of the belgians who can confirm this is the case over here as well?

That's not allowed here. Even if your stuck behind a garbage truck stopping at every house for the next kilometer, you can not pass it over a solid white line.

The only time you can pass a solid white line in Belgium is when the lane is blocked, for example by a broken down car, fallen tree,...

That's not allowed here. Even if your stuck behind a garbage truck stopping at every house for the next kilometer, you can not pass it over a solid white line.

The only time you can pass a solid white line in Belgium is when the lane is blocked, for example by a broken down car, fallen tree,...

Actually ...

Overtaking: http://wegcode.be/wetteksten/secties/kb/wegcode/174-art16
Solid white line: http://wegcode.be/wetteksten/secties/kb/wegcode/258-art72

I see no exemption for a blocked lane.

But DaHitch can clarify this since he studied this stuff.

To be fair, they were driving a HHR - they likely couldn't see past the acres of 20 cent shitty GM plastic that swallows blind side visibility in order to view any available parking spots.

That, or they were like "Fuck this piece of shit!", parked and walked to their destination because they couldn't stand being in a HHR anymore.