No 56k: Parked like an idiot

No placard displayed, which is required. For an example, look at the red Toyota Tacoma in the back.

Could have a handicap plate. Going by the Chrysler 200's plate, I'm guessing this is PA. Don't need a placard if you have one of these

P5PZmcl.png

EDIT: Yeah its PA. Inspection stickers on the NSX are in the stupid PA double sticker format.

One of my favorite things about Michigan, NO WINDSHIELD STICKERS. Massachusetts already annoyed me with its single sticker on the passenger side. Pennsylvania would drive me mad with those two on the drivers side. But New York takes the stupid cake. I don't understand why all this data can't be coded onto your license plate tab. Theres no reason why you can't include registration status, inspection status, and emission status on your license plate.

Last edited:
Because everyone can unscrew your license plate while you are parked while you can't "unstick" stickers which are stuck on the windshield from the inside. ;)

if they've already taken your licenseplate, those stickers won't get your far...

Or have all the information in a database that the police have access to. No stickers on plate or car anymore.

New South Wales did away with ergo stickers a couple of years ago. The number of people forgetting to register their cars has increased dramatically.

New South Wales did away with ergo stickers a couple of years ago. The number of people forgetting to register their cars has increased dramatically.

I get emails from DMV reminding me to renew my registration :D

- - - Updated - - -

Could have a handicap plate. Going by the Chrysler 200's plate, I'm guessing this is PA. Don't need a placard if you have one of these

P5PZmcl.png

EDIT: Yeah its PA. Inspection stickers on the NSX are in the stupid PA double sticker format.

One of my favorite things about Michigan, NO WINDSHIELD STICKERS. Massachusetts already annoyed me with its single sticker on the passenger side. Pennsylvania would drive me mad with those two on the drivers side. But New York takes the stupid cake. I don't understand why all this data can't be coded onto your license plate tab. Theres no reason why you can't include registration status, inspection status, and emission status on your license plate.

Yes it really fucking does, I hate it :(

It's all useless crap in the name of generating revenue. Why do you have to inspect a brand new car? Why do I have to renew my registration every so often?

The registration fees help pay for the roads.

The registration fees help pay for the roads.
I thought gas taxes helped pay for the roads? And toll fees. And taxes in general. Hell, is there any tax or fee that you aren't going to explain as "but mah roads!!!"?

Any fee related to a vehicle helps pay for the roads in some way.

Allegedly. And that's my point - how many such fees do we really need? And how much are we paying for the administration of all the fees? And why do our roads still such, while in some other northern states they do not? NH has way better roads than MA.

Any fee related to a vehicle helps pay for the roads in some way.

Er, no, it doesn't. Many states take vehicle fees and spend them on things that are not even vaguely vehicle related. It's nice that you believe the fairy tale, though. I'll make a note to remember to not discuss Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny with you. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Allegedly. And that's my point - how many such fees do we really need? And how much are we paying for the administration of all the fees? And why do our roads still such, while in some other northern states they do not? NH has way better roads than MA.

Aside from classic MA "disappearing funds" - road vehicle fees should not be increased until all non-road-vehicle expenses are eliminated from the funds so generated. No more "scenic pedestrian walkways" that nobody will walk on or bicycle trails that nobody rides on - let those be funded out of the general fund or a bond issue if that's desired. Funds generated by vehicles should be spent on maintaining and building new roads, etc. Case in point: Minnesota spent millions of dollars raised from road taxes and spent it on a stupid choo choo in Minneapolis that few paying customers ride, but for decades somehow didn't have one red cent to repair a critical interstate bridge in Minneapolis and delayed it for years. Everyone remember what happened (ten years ago tomorrow, actually) because they "didn't have the money" to repair the bridge due to their stupid and overbudget mass transit project?

I35_Bridge_Collapse_4crop.jpg

Taking money generated for and intended for one purpose and spending it for something else completely unrelated is why Social Security is so boned at current and why there's not going to be anything in the account for people currently under 40.

Last edited:
Funny you should mention bicycle paths/lanes. More and more have been popping up around Boston but at least the hipsters use them regularly. However, my parents live on the outskirts of a small city and the main road was reduced from two lanes down to one to accommodate a bike lane about a year ago - they have yet to see a single cyclist on that road.

They put in a bike lane on a major roadway I use to get home. In 2 years I haven't seen a single cyclist.

They put in a bike lane on a major roadway I use to get home. In 2 years I haven't seen a single cyclist.

They put in quite a few around here. You only see them get used (by single cyclists, mostly) for a couple months - otherwise it's so hot that cycling = death or it's so cold that nobody wants to ride a bicycle. Complete waste of funds.

It's all useless crap in the name of generating revenue. Why do you have to inspect a brand new car? Why do I have to renew my registration every so often?

we only have to get TUV inspection once the car is 4 years old...
so company cars tend to last 4 years, and many people who just get a new car every 4 years
keeps the second hand market fresh :p

we only have to get TUV inspection once the car is 4 years old...
so company cars tend to last 4 years, and many people who just get a new car every 4 years
keeps the second hand market fresh :p
That at least makes sense. In MA if you buy a brand new car with 5mi on the odometer, you have to get it inspected (and pay the fee, of course).