Parking Violation Ticket WIN

GTR

Car(s)
2001 Integra GS-R
Somebody fighting a parking ticket in Australia...

The ticket, along with a lovely dispute letter

aussie_traffic_ticket_1.jpg

eventually they responded with this

aussie_traffic_ticket_2.jpg

WIN

Wasn't this just posted in Funny Pictures?

was it? I doubt it. I could've sworn I looked through the past five pages in that thread recently, and I just made a post in there a while ago.. guess I didn't catch it

Last edited:
Nvm, it wasn't in funny pictures, it was in the awesome thread.

Then I believe a letter of such awesomeness as this probably deserves a thread of its own...

.. and I haven't read the awesome thread for a while, so excuse me

That's awesome. Actually, a very similar thing happen to me in Vienna, Austria. I parked at a train station realizing I had to pay for parking and while I was searching the place to buy the parking tickets my car had already a EUR 21 parking ticket behind the wiper.

Genius. Props to the guy for writing that.

Thats awesome! Good for him!

Then I believe a letter of such awesomeness as this probably deserves a thread of its own...

.. and I haven't read the awesome thread for a while, so excuse me

+1

People don't make enough new threads for things. They cram too much shit into those generic threads. :(

That is awesome. Wish you could get away with doing something like that in my area. My friend quibbled a 2 minute delay in having to go and get coinage for a meter with an officer and they called the cops who gave him a ticket for disobeying the orders of a public servant or something equally shit like that. He got them both thrown away in court though.

+1

People don't make enough new threads for things. They cram too much shit into those generic threads. :(

totally agree... if you look in the off topic section, the first page or so is filled with threads that are a couple of hundred pages long and rarely any new ones

Oh, idiotic parking tickets happens. I got my mopad fined last October for being parked between two cars in a car parking area. Meanwhile, I was in a hospital's E.R. with a broken foot after a crash. The mopad had a fairly evident bent front suspension which made it clearly impossible for it to be moved (or driven)...

Luckily (bureaucracy is always unpredictable) I got the fine canceled.

The University of Utah "Parking Gestapo" gave us a ticket for parking in the patient structure at the hospital while my dad was in ICU and Rehab for months. When we tried to fight the ticket the troll behind the counter said that we had to provide her with the name of the patient, the unit and room number to get the ticket overturned.

Hint: Don't try that shit with me. I know the HIPAA privacy laws. I told the troll that it was illegal for her to ask for that information but she said that Federal Law does not trump University Parking Policy.

Instead of dicking around I went right for the nuclear option. I walked into the Hospital administrator's office with the ticket, a summary of what the Troll said and a copy of the law. And I refused to leave until I was seen. I told the guy what happened and left the ticket on his desk for him to deal with. I also dropped off a copy of the relevant sections of HIPAA to be sent to the Parking Gestapo for future reference.

I may have implied that I would seek legal action for harassment if it happened again, I'm not sure. Everything got all red and misty for a while. When I came to I was in the hospital blood bank, sticky and surrounded by empty bags. I took a shower and went home.

EDIT: In the following weeks we got two more "warnings" posted on our car saying that if we parked there again we would be ticketed. I took those to the hospital administrator's office and dropped them off for him to deal with.

Last edited:
Depending on how the university is set up, often those parking tickets don't mean anything at all. Many of them can't afford boots and they can't generally tow you out of multi-story decks. The "security" department is often not sworn officers and can't even so much as run your plates. If you aren't a student or employee with an identifying sticker, it's little more than a bit of scrap paper. Of course this depends highly on the university. My undergrad school had a real PD with sworn officers who could run tags and such. In grad school they were little fuckers in golf carts and polo shirts with no authority at all other than putting a hold on your registration. If you weren't a student you just tossed the ticket and didn't come back.

The University of Utah is a state school so the parking enforcement is part of the Uni Police which is a state agency. It's no different than any other parking ticket, except that the Uni police and Parking Gestapo are utter pricks.