Part 2 of Andy Wilman's blog now available

The answer has to be to (a) alter the show to suit - so don't force the Aussies to do their own Cool Wall if you're going to watch Jeremy and Richard deliver a tour de force a week later, think of something else to do. And (b) each show must acknowledge the other one exists, so they can take the piss out of each other.

Possible return of the Cool Wall then? Or am I reading too much into what is probably just a throwaway line?

If, on the other hand, they take Top Gear US for what it is - a bunch of guys, hopefully with their own proper relationship, just looking at car stuff in America, but in the Top Gear way - they may like it. And our version will always be there anyway.

We'll see Chief ;)

Very nice read. Really glad Andy checks us out.

He talks about the chemistry between the TG 3, and you know I think their paring is magic, but I think he is missing his part in making the BBC TG the show we all know and love. Yeah, they need three good presenters with some chemistry, but they are also going to need an "Andy" in the mix too to bring it all together.

Thanks Andy for taking us into account and thanks to all of you in Final gear for making such a great web / forum ^_^

I'll definetly give a try to both the Aussie and American Top gears. IMO I'm not worried if the presenters don't do the show like Jeremy, Richard and James do. I think they will be great anyways as long as they keep the high quality of the film editing and the reviews of the cars. And it's also interesing, as an European, to know about the cars in the USA and Austarila. If you are a car nut it doesn't matter where are the cars from as long as they have a good ammount of BHP or are fun to drive :lol:

wao guys, he mentioned us.

He's mentioned us before, I'll be asking him about Final Gear in 4 weeks at the filming :p

That's if he's there. He was notable by his absence when we went there in 2005 (episode with McMerc vs Boat to Oslo.) It's a cracking day out 'though, but if it's hot Andy isn't kidding about people fainting - my wife just found out she was pregnant and had a hard time staying upright!!!

Great article/post he makes a lot of sense. I wish NBC would work a little with him about gettin the US version up; when he makes these little references to FinalGear it makes me feel proud to be a member. Which reminds me I have some $$ to donate next payday:)

That's if he's there. He was notable by his absence when we went there in 2005 (episode with McMerc vs Boat to Oslo.) It's a cracking day out 'though, but if it's hot Andy isn't kidding about people fainting - my wife just found out she was pregnant and had a hard time staying upright!!!

I've been twice before and he was there :p

I've been twice before and he was there :p

How have you managed to get tickets three times? We'd love to go again so if you have any clues please let me know!

If TG is ever in Australia for some reason i'm sure Andy and Co wouldn't have to pay for beer ;)

Damn straight! None of that VB cat's piss either.

I want to know what Andy's account name is, so I can see whether he voted Ass like he should have.

:lol: Andy's one of the good guys, so of course he voted ass.

But for those wondering - I highly doubt Andy would have an account here, he can freely browse the place without having one.

How have you managed to get tickets three times? We'd love to go again so if you have any clues please let me know!

First time, Top Gear of The Pops, second time I got tickets through being on waiting list for so long, and 3rd time..........well, can't say im afraid, although I think this will be my last time

I can't wait for Aussie Top Gear. I really hope they do well, Charlie, Warren and Steve. They are a nice bunch of peeps.

as an Aussie, im really looking forward to the upcoming local series, as it seems like its got a really high probability of not sucking! :) the comments from Wilman just seem to underscore that, especially when he's talking along the lines of how making a off-shore version of TG is not like making off-shore versions of other shows. (see Australian Survivor to see textbook way of how NOT to do it :blink:)

And as for the "subtitles" crack? One of the presenters is a BBC commentator, so he shouldnt pose a problem...and as long as the other two arent from far-north Queensland you should be golden :D

Thats an extremely encouraging blog. I like the enthusiasm, and I'm genuinely excited about TG USA, however the biggest thing that has me afraid is the format. The thing i love about Top Gear is the tests, as Clarkson put it 'making the cars come alive for you', if TG USA diminishes this in favor of Three Amigos antics I'll be completely against it. I want to see tests of cars, i want to hear when somethings good or absolute crap, i don't want NBC to live in fear of GM or Ford by not being critical of there products. I want a practical review and opinion on cars i might realistically consider buying and i want to feel like I've experienced cars that never in my life will i be lucky enough to drive.

Please Oh please NBC i beg you do not let your advertising department take creative control away from this project!

Andy Wilman said:
Top Gear is not just about cars, it's also about celebrating that massive Black Hole of Pointlessness that is the male mind

That is the best sentence I've evar read :lol:

In response to what Andy said, i have a feeling that even if the show is great we'll have a number of members wining about how terrible it is just because their expecting something thats exactly the same as TopGear UK.

<3 Andy!! (in a none-homo way)

Slightly off topic - I've always said the forum member Jezzabelle IS Jeremy Clarkson.

Jezzabelle is a well known name in the 'underground fangirl scene'. She is on various fangirly-type websites (not that I'd expect the blokes to know, or admit to knowing, obviously) and I doubt that Jezzabelle on this particular forum is indeed Jeremy. She just happens to be one of the biggest Jezza fangirls out there :D Which is why she knows a lot about him and thinks he's handsome ;)

And (b) each show must acknowledge the other one exists, so they can take the piss out of each other

Oh, yes! I would love this. I want to hear Jeremy take the mickey out of all the 'beards' on the Aussie TG! This has potential to be very, very funny :D

He may be on the fence about it.
It note worthy that if you remove the female (pink name) votes, the score is tied.