PC case recommendations?

I used a dollup of black paint, and then scratched some away with the end of a paperclip once it dried.

HOLY THREAD HIJACK BATMAN!

Since my motion is basically idential to the original thread, I guess I can just post my request here rather then make a new thread for 3 responses ;)

I?m bored and fed up with my Silverstone Tj06 and looking for a new case. What do I want? This is where it get?s a bit tricky. A full tower with space for long graphic cards and gi-normous cpu-coolers. With space for BIG slow turning fans ... ideally with build in fan-control.
"Silent" is not my main concern, but the fans, their noise level and their control is one of the worst bits about my Tj06 (yeah, guess why that "air-tunnel" never caught on:rolleyes:). So I?m looking for something less noisy, but not insulation-wise - but "big, slow fans" wise. That way I can also turn up the fans when things get too hot ;)
Being a sucker for tidiness, some clever cable-management is a must. Side-windows I like. I won?t be removing the mainboard that often, so a mainboard-sled is not nessecary - a easy acess from behind the mainboard to swap the CPU cooler - that I need. Lookswise it shouldn?t be completly boring ... but also not too over the top. Watercooling is not on my to do list.
I?m not looking for cheap, but also don?t want to spend too much - so around 80 ? to 150? would be what I would like to spend (for just the case). I told you it would be tricky ;)

Suggestions?

Also, I would like some feedback on Aerocool XPredator, since that has caught my eye.

for ze germans, I would be buying at caseking.de or mindfactory.de ...

I really like my HAF 922 Case so for a full tower I'd check out the HAF X, only problem is it doesn't have built in fan control, you'd have to buy front header for that. I have 3 x 200mm coolermaster fans (1 on the front, side, and top) with a 140mm fan in the rear. It's decently quiet.

Just FYI, most 200mm fans have an adjustability of +/- 10%, however, they move so much air that's not particularly necessary to turn them up.

Definitely check out the Colermaster HAF series.

I have a HAF 912, with the following installed:
2x 200mm fans (one front, one top)
3x 120mm fans (one in drive bay [zip tied], one in back, one on side panel) - not counting the two mounted to the Hyper 212+
CM Hyper 212+ (a bigass CPU cooler) with 2x 120mm fans
MSI Twin Frozr Radeon 6950 (not a small graphics card)
2x HDDs
1x DVD drive

And still tons of room for airflow in the case. Not the best cable management system if I'm honest but as long as you're creative and methodical, you can get most of the cables out of the way. There is space behind the back panel for quite a few cables; most of my PSU cables are back there.

By the way I got the case for around $60. :) Great deal in my opinion.

Last edited:
I have a Fractal R4. I think they're coming out with the next iteration soon, so R4's may be found cheap. I paid $100 for mine.

You can't fit a bunch of big fans on the R4 as you can on the HAF series line. They are quiet though, that is if it's anything like my Define Mini that I use for server duties.

well, maybe not 200mm fans, but there are 7 spots for 140mm fans. many medium-sized fans set on low vs a couple giant fans? *shrug*

and yes, it's quieter than my readynas duo.

That is the most ridiculous yet strangely awesome thing ever.

lol guys, he's asking for a full tower with lots of airflow....

I have a Coolermaster Cosmo 1000. Its a great case, but the one thing its doesn't do well enough is suppress hdd noise. Not sure the HAF X is any better in this regard.

:lol: strangely awsome indeed.
Also somewhat awsome is the Aerocool Strike-X Air ... love that idea ... hate to dust it off every second day :D

Definitely check out the Colermaster HAF series.
The Haf X does not look bad, but I think I would tend more towards a Storm Trooper /Stryker when we?re talking Cooler Master ... just on looks alone. Or are there any negative points there?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BCXF4G4/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BCXF6JE

I have a Coolermaster Cosmo 1000. Its a great case, but the one thing its doesn't do well enough is suppress hdd noise. Not sure the HAF X is any better in this regard.
They look like awsome cases, but 200? out of my price-range. ;)

Last edited:
Since this thread isn't quite so much about choosing a case I'll chip in with what I intend to do for my next case. It'll have to be a new build because this case isn't big enough for a full size ATX board but my hardware is knocking on a bit now anyway.

I'll be using one of these (pictures shamelessly nicked from an eBay auction I didn't win):

%24T2eC16FHJG%21E9nm3pvuGBRKIwe0-Pg%7E%7E60_3.JPG

%24T2eC16VHJHIE9nyseF5YBRKI9DYd0w%7E%7E60_3.JPG

Why? I like the industrial look, the big fan (which would be converted from a 240V motor to 12V with speed control) and the fact that I'll turn my PC on with an 'ignition' button. :D

LED flames would also be quite tempting.

Last edited:
The Haf X does not look bad, but I think I would tend more towards a Storm Trooper /Stryker when we?re talking Cooler Master ... just on looks alone. Or are there any negative points there?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BCXF4G4/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BCXF6JE

Sorry, can't help you there. The two linked do indeed look badass. I went for the mid tower for my build since I don't need a monstrous case (even though the 912 is monstrous on its own). All I know about the HAF series is that they're designed to provide maximum airflow. And that they look cool. :p

Since this thread isn't quite so much about choosing a case I'll chip in with what I intend to do for my next case. It'll have to be a new build because this case isn't big enough for a full size ATX board but my hardware is knocking on a bit now anyway.

I'll be using one of these (pictures shamelessly nicked from an eBay auction I didn't win):

Why? I like the industrial look, the big fan (which would be converted from a 240V motor to 12V with speed control) and the fact that I'll turn my PC on with an 'ignition' button. :D

LED flames would also be quite tempting.

Haha, you have to post pics/video when you do. When I used to use 2x Scythe Ultra Kaze fans for my CPU, my comp nearly sounded like a turbine starting up. I can only imagine the awesome sound you'll get from that beast firing up. :D

I've been itching to get a new case, but I've never found a justifiable reason. I'm just too content with my Coolermaster 690 Advanced II