PC Monitor...Suggestions

Vambeer

Car(s)
2003 FIAT Punto Sporting 95HP, 2011 Volvo S60 1.6D
I actually didn't know where to post this thread so i put it here and hope for the best. I need your help guys. I Finally got my computer to work and i am in search of a new monitor. 22" for sure, not more not less. I don't have any (professional) needs from the monitor, i am not a designer or anything. Just everyday use with the occasional game and movie. After hours online i finaly came down to three! Samsung T220 (omg what a design...but is it any good?), Samsung 2232BW (known quality) and LG Flatron 227WT (they say it is a very good monitor but untested.) I'd apreciate you inpur in this. Any opinions?

Well, as a Samsung fanboy I would obviously suggest you have on of those. I looked at the 2232BW when getting my 226CW. In the UK, the 2232 is the cheapest and the T220 is the most expensive, with the 226CW in between.

The T220 looks gorgeous, and the 2232 isn't bad, but I've heard that the 2232 is very unstable on that stand, which is why I avoided it. Personally I would recommend the 226CW instead of any of those. I've had mine for about 4 months, and it really is brilliant. There are no problems with the screen (CW's are only built with the top quality screens), and it's a pretty nice looking monitor.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-057-SA&groupid=703&catid=17&subcat=949&name=Samsung%20SM-226CW%2022%22%20Widescreen%20LCD%20Monitor%20-%20Glossy%20Black

I don't know anything about the LG, and I've never seen a T220 in shops, so that's all I can say. :)

I'm very happy with my iiyama E2403WS (24"). Unlike a 22" Monitor you get the full HD resolution and it's only slightly more expensive (available for 310? here).

I don't want 24". I think it's too much.that's why i said 22".i know the difference is not chaotic but thats what i think and i won't change my mind. Matt2000 i saw the one you are talking about...it's not bad, not bad at all!

24" is a huge price jump over 22". The advantage is you get 1080p rather than 1680x1050 and often the screens are better (i.e. not shit TFT like most 22").

Worth it for me, but not if you're trying to save money.

The normaly priced 24" (normal i categorise up to 400-450 ?) have the same panel (TN) as the 22". Yes if you go to 600? you will get a better panel(PVA or for more money IPS). But if i were to spend so much money i would get a TV and not a monitor. That's why i don't want 24". I think 22" are a nice compromise of size , cost , and quality.

WTF? Why so much? A 24" MVA is $400 here.

I put my vote in for the samsung. My old roommate bought one recently and it's brilliant. Great colors, great response time. When he plays games it actually looks far superior to my 20" widescreen from Dell <_<.

Is it only me that hates TFT's?
Nope, but they're cheap. My main monitor is a MVA and I'm considering getting a small TFT (cheap!) to replace my fucking dark/retarded CRT (it's a normal CRT, it's just horrible compared to my high quality LCD).

Of course you are not the only one TFT hater...This TFT is actually my first after a long period of CRT-using.I used to hate them too but what can one do man? CRTs are HUGE (a 22"CRT would take too much space) and let's not forget that they are the future. If i had the money i would get myself a LED TV screen and not worry for anything...but i can't afford it so i have to buy one of these!

I have a TN panel, a samsung 216BW and I really don't get the hate. It looks brilliant to me.

Let's be realistic fellows...90% of the people won't notice the difference between a good TN panel and any other (mva, pva, s-ips). The other 10% are professionals and NEED that kind of small difference for their work. Getting a more expensive monitor (aka with another panel) didn't even cross my mind. Waste of money (for me)