PC output works on TV videos dont?

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
I just got a new graphics card and it has an output, i want to watch my videos on my TV... everything works as normal... except when i try and play videos i get sound and no actual video on the TV.

Just a purple box.:cry:

Video cards can only display videos on ONE output at a time. Thank DMCA.

You need to set the TV as primary display in your graphics settings.

You need to set the TV as primary display in your graphics settings.

Yeah i kinda figured it out, my old crappy inbuilt card used 'dualview', my new one doesnt have this option.

I fixed it by using my TV as my primary monitor.

Yeah i kinda figured it out, my old crappy inbuilt card used 'dualview', my new one doesnt have this option.

Regardless, you still have to set one of them as primary. It can't render two things at once.

Stupid, disgusting, pig-headed, slimy, money-grubbing, greedy **AA's and puppet politicians!!! :mad:

eh? my radeon 9250 runs TV and VGA output at the same time with no problems...

The best part is i never used my old TV output that much... but my TG vids look so much better on my TV now (PAL FTW.):lol:

I've never had any problems getting that to work.
I'm using an NVidia 8800GTS in clone mode now, with a DVI->HDMI cable.
And previously, I used an NVidia 4400Ti with full screen video option, with a S-VHS cable.

^ no problems on 7800GT either. My video plays fine on primary (FS or windowed) and Full Screen TV thru S-Video.

Im watching rips of Viva La Bam (please dont judge me) and as usual my tv outout is fine, but PC has black screen...............however i minimised WMP about 3 times to use IE and all of a sudden i have dual outputs working perfectly. :mrgreen:

I've got a 9600XT (yeah, I know) and I use my TV (S-Vid connection) as a desktop extension. I just drag the player to the TV, click play, and click "Full Screen". When the video is playing, my desktop is normal. By default, the audio comes out my computer speakers, but I have a cord coming from the stereo headphone jack, going to my TV audio "in" jacks. The audio also goes through my HT receiver, and into the VCR, so I can make video tapes from self-made movies (for work...no DVD player). My computer is on the other side of the room, so this is all possibly because of a 50ft cable that is both a s-vid, and RCA audio left& right. Cable is huge...it's like an inch wide. :p

Well my TV and monitor are both connected by DVI > VGA and both work seamlessly (monitor is primary, TV displays video) so I don't get why some people have this (I'm using 6800GT)

Are you using clone screen like he was or dual desktops? I'm running 2 monitors and I can play videos on both monitors just fine, just not on both at the same time or a game + a video at the same time.

With clone, it will only render on the primary monitor.

Are you using clone screen like he was or dual desktops? I'm running 2 monitors and I can play videos on both monitors just fine, just not on both at the same time or a game + a video at the same time.

With clone, it will only render on the primary monitor.
Clone will render on both screens (video and games) on my old and new NVidia card.

It depends on the card and the software you use. Many older cards could not support it, along with laptops.

Its because of the overlay mode. Overlay won't work on a secondary monitor, AFAIK. Set it to VMR9. How? Use a proper Mediaplayer like mpc.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/

Should work with everything, but be warned, that non overlay playback is slower. A bit... Non-HD stuff should be fine...

my new 7900GS runs videos from WMP or PowerDVD (or any other video software). i do have to change settings though, because the gamma settings always go wrong :(