PC vs. Mac , Which one are you ?!

PC vs. Mac , Which one are you ?!

• Total voters
Mac user here.

Parents first computer was a Mac (way back in '94), they then moved to Windows in '98 I think it was. They've stuck with Microsoft, albeit wishing they hadn't, and 3 years ago, I went back to Mac and haven't looked back since. Have a Macbook and an iMac, and I find the OS much more agreeable to the way I work, though there are some things in OS X which annoy me but not as many annoyances that Windows has given me or my parents over the years. I can work both just as well as each other and I find I can safely say which one I prefer and why. Haven't tried Linux yet, would like to at some point so I have tried the full set as it were.

What about a 'used both extensively and chose Mac based on an informed decision' and 'prodded a Mac in PC World once and didn't like it' options.

I usually find that most (not all) Windoze users have only very limited, if any actual experience of Mac and their opinions of it are similar to test driving a Ferrari around a car park. You would definitely find the clutch too hard, the ride harsh and uncomfortable, the rear visibility ridiculous and the steering too heavy. Test driven properly in a place where it can do what it is meant to and your perspective might be different.

Mac: Hey there PC, what are you doing?
PC: Playing a game.
Mac: Oh cool, which one?
PC: All of them.
Mac: Oh...

That sarcasm aside, I could never justify the price premium on Macs either. That, and the primary use I have for my computer is gaming. That pretty much rules out anything that isn't Windows.
steam-on-mac.png

Granted its not all of them, only all the good ones :)
I usually find that most (not all) Windoze users have only very limited, if any actual experience of Mac and their opinions of it are similar to test driving a Ferrari around a car park. You would definitely find the clutch too hard, the ride harsh and uncomfortable, the rear visibility ridiculous and the steering too heavy. Test driven properly in a place where it can do what it is meant to and your perspective might be different.
How about, when I hit the "close" button on a window I expect the program that to actually close?

Last edited:
PC for me, in fact if I pass my college course this year I'll also be a Certified Microsoft Desktop Technician! :lol:

I don't really like the Mac, I've used one but far prefer the Windows systems I normaly use, I find the premium you pay for the Mac is just too much considering you can't even rip it appart and upgrade it. Especialy for somebody like me who custom built their PC, Macs just aren't flexible enough.

Don't find my current Windows XP Sp3 to be unstable in anyway or hard to use either, I won't upgrade for a while yet though. I want Microsoft to iron out any bugs they have with Windows 7 before I step up!

Switched to mac in 03 and now own 4 of them. My macbook was the first one that came out and not one thing has gone wrong with it and I still have it whereas many of many friends have ditched their similar aged laptops long ago. The interface is great. It runs tuns of programs. Besides xbox gaming is better than pc anyways. oh and even though there aparently are viruses for mac, I have never seen one

Used to be a Windows user and then took a course in HS to become an Apple Certified Macintosh Technician. Haven't gone back since. Because I gotta run engineering programs I'm dual booting Windows 7 and Snow Leopard. Whenever I boot into Windows 7 I feel like I'm going back to the paleolithic era where to make a fire you need to rub two twigs together or wait for a lucky lightning bolt; always takes forever to do anything and is always inconvenient. I will say this though, if you don't know how to use the OS X operating system, it might seem horrible. Once you do learn though, it's amazing.

Used to be a Windows user and then took a course in HS to become an Apple Certified Macintosh Technician. Haven't gone back since. Because I gotta run engineering programs I'm dual booting Windows 7 and Snow Leopard. Whenever I boot into Windows 7 I feel like I'm going back to the paleolithic era where to make a fire you need to rub two twigs together or wait for a lucky lightning bolt; always takes forever to do anything and is always inconvenient. I will say this though, if you don't know how to use the OS X operating system, it might seem horrible. Once you do learn though, it's amazing.
FTFY

Personally, I don't think I will ever find a good reason to buy a mac. It's overpriced, incompatible with most of the programmes I use, limited resource & apps available, more buggy than WinOS, more loopholes and more vulnerable to malicious attacks.

Maybe mac excel in other unfamiliar departments, but over 80% of the computer users will never want to experience osx, due to it's drawbacks.

It's not really user friendly, nor is it modding friendly (Linux?). It's also full of bad drivers and hardware compatibility issues. The worst thing is that it uses outdated hardware/technology while charging ppl premium for it.

Let's just hope the popularity will help osx grow to a point where it will be as popular, and as good as Win7.

Last edited:
I have been a Mac user for about 4 years now after being a PC user for a long time. Since I work in entertainment, Macs are common when it comes to video editing on a professional scale. Although I am a fan of Apple, I am interested in trying out windows 7 and I really would like to get a back up machine such as a netbook.

I love Apple's hardware, it really is a cut above. Unfortunately, they don't offer an unconditional repair/replacement policy, which is essential for me (I'm quite hard on my laptops), so I am stuck with Dell or IBM Lenovo. If someone can tell me how I can buy unlimited repairs for a mac for ~$100/yr (including accidental damage), I'll gladly join the cult. I actually prefer Linux to OSX, but OSX is a close second, and Linux runs just fine on a MacBook. I might even get used to OSX, who knows?. I only boot Windows 7 on the rare occasion that I want to play a game.

So I just got my first Mac yesterday. Been curious about trying OSX for a long while. If I end up not liking it then atleast I can say that I tried. :)

So I just got my first Mac yesterday. Been curious about trying OSX for a long while. If I end up not liking it then atleast I can say that I tried. :)

It's not a bad OS just has some quirks. Just an FYI you can change your modifier key from the Apple (cmd) key to alt in settings. Also if it's a laptop you have to turn right click on it's not on by default. Also if you don't want it to suspend every time you close the lid grab InsomniaX. iStumbler rules if you have Wi-Fi anywhere, get it its free.

PC user here. The main reason is the price.. OS doesn't seem that superrior (although it isn't bad, maybe I'm just too used to Windows) that I'd buy so much extra. From my point of view, I get more for the same money when using PC.

I run both, and dabble in linux. I really find OS X more appealing on a laptop. It's just an easier interface for the tasks I perform on a laptop. On a desktop, it's all windows. Different missions, different needs, different operating systems. Works for me.

Windows machines here. I see the benefits of both, but Windows machines always seem to be what I gravitate to. When I had a Mac, it was pretty much used as an MP3 player and thats about it. I have been concerned with the quality of Apple hardware lately. The last Mac I encountered was a brand spankin' new mid-range MacBook. Dead out of the box. The Apple store finally replaced the machine and within a month the HDD had failed. Within three months the motherboard was dead. Within six, the RAM had failed. Within a year, the LCD had failed. The machine finally got a new LCD and was then sold. And the amazing part is that the machine was incredibly well taken care of.

I love Apple's hardware, it really is a cut above. Unfortunately, they don't offer an unconditional repair/replacement policy, which is essential for me (I'm quite hard on my laptops), so I am stuck with Dell or IBM Lenovo. If someone can tell me how I can buy unlimited repairs for a mac for ~$100/yr (including accidental damage), I'll gladly join the cult. I actually prefer Linux to OSX, but OSX is a close second, and Linux runs just fine on a MacBook. I might even get used to OSX, who knows?. I only boot Windows 7 on the rare occasion that I want to play a game.

How is it a cut above the rest, you can build your own machine for 1/3 of the price with the same parts minus the case.

IMG_0182.jpg

Very much pc here.

q6600 anywhere from 2.4ghz(stock) to 3.6ghz with a TRUE120 cooler
4GB ddr2 800 mhz 4-4-4-12 timings
2x30GB solid states in raid, 1x640 GB and 1x1.5TB
780i nforce mobo
750 Watt psu lovingly called the kraken because it can fill an empty case it has so many wires.
Haf x case

Sometime Im going to put in a i7, new mobo, ddr3 ram and watercooling, but I cant really justify doing it in the summer because I barely use it then.