Pedestrian safety laws have gone too far!

M_Bolc

Car(s)
2015 Audi A3 1.2TFSI
Just look at this, if you can bare with it!
large.jpg

Pedestrian safety laws went too far when they told me I cannot run over pedestrians that are crossing against the light or are on the road when they are not supposed to be there.

Road rules state, in QLD, Australia at least, that pedestrians MUST give way to traffic even at zebra (marked) crossings. It is a courtesy to let people go if you're driving.

Anyway, I'm rambling rubbish - that car is fugly.

Yeah, Pedestrian Safety Laws are no good. We need to go back to the natural law of Survival of the Fittest.

5mxxd5.jpg

that car's always been disgusting looking. Besides, big bumpers aren't for pedestrifag safty, they're more to save you having to shell out wads of cash for low speed collisions (we've had mandatory 8kmh bumpers (aka. big fat bumpers) here forever, which is all about the car and not pedestrians). Pedestrian safety junk raises bonnets up by a couple centimetres...

Yeah, Pedestrian Safety Laws are no good. We need to go back to the natural law of Survival of the Fittest.

5mxxd5.jpg

Niiiice XJS there. I'm going to have to go see/buy that movie (Deathrace) now.

The XJS looks SOOO much better with a machine gun on the hood.

...they're more to save you having to shell out wads of cash for low speed collisions...

Bull-huckey! If it was to save money on low speed collisions, manufacturers would have never integrated the bumper shrouds into the bodywork, and we'd still have cars with basically chromed guardrails for bumpers.

Niiiice XJS there. I'm going to have to go see/buy that movie (Deathrace) now.

The XJS looks SOOO much better with a machine gun on the hood.

I think any car would look better with a machine gun on the hood :)

Welll... apart from the color, I think it looks very cool anf funky, though I do not approve of that huge front end. For all I care, we should put spikes on the hood of out cars to encourage idiots to watch out for cars when their crossing the road.

Like people who slowly walk across streets diagonally while talking on their cell phones... do you want to be hit?

Fiat needed a successor of the Multipla for "Ugliest Car On Earth" and i think this one is a winner. And the name isn't a drawback in this case: I assume nobody can pronounce "Qubo" right (and while not looking like a total idiot) without an hour of instruction and three hours of training infront of a mirror... so well... the most owners will suit their car (in looks) then ;)

Chris

Pedestrian safety laws went too far when they told me I cannot run over pedestrians that are crossing against the light or are on the road when they are not supposed to be there.

THIS!

I nearly ate it the other week riding through The People's Republic of Berkeley as a dumb-ass jaywalked into the road backwards against the light when I was 15 feet away doing 25 mph.

I'm all for going Death Race 2000 on the fucktards - after the initial culling all will be well.

THIS!

I nearly ate it the other week riding through The People's Republic of Berkeley as a dumb-ass jaywalked into the road backwards against the light when I was 15 feet away doing 25 mph.

I'm all for going Death Race 2000 on the fucktards - after the initial culling all will be well.

What's great is that in the US, no matter where they are, or what they're doing (I think Interstates are different, maybe) it's always NOT the pedestrian's fault whatsoever.
Seriously?
I might consider throwing myself out infront of a car to sue the person and win shitloads of money some day...

Pedestrian safety laws went too far when they were Introduced, Period.

What's great is that in the US, no matter where they are, or what they're doing (I think Interstates are different, maybe) it's always NOT the pedestrian's fault whatsoever.
Seriously?
I might consider throwing myself out infront of a car to sue the person and win shitloads of money some day...

Not true. If I recall, pedestrians can be at-fault in a collision if they walk out into traffic, are jaywalking, outside a cross walk or otherwise being a fucktard.

Where the driver looses is in a civil settlement.

Not true. If I recall, pedestrians can be at-fault in a collision if they walk out into traffic, are jaywalking, outside a cross walk or otherwise being a fucktard.

Where the driver looses is in a civil settlement.

In most states the driver is absolutely fucked. The idea (both civil and criminal) is that driving is a privilege not a right and that as a driver you must be more responsible than a pedestrian as you are basically driving a mobile weapon.

I know in MD the authorities got their shit together and pedestrians are held to the same standards as drivers are but it is sadly not the case everywhere (or even majority).