Pens, pencils and writing supplies - The Pen-Island.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
IMG_20140702_170835.jpg

My meager collection, just to start this thread. I know a few of you are also into this.
Let's just wait until Nabster comes here and hits us with his huge collection. :lol:

LAMY!!!!!

That brings back School-memories ... :D

Don?t have anything to show ... just throw away pens ... many, many, many of them :)

I know they're not the fanciest or the best fountain pens out there, but so far I am completely satisfied with them.
The glossy one is a medium nib while the choarcoal (my latest acquisition and current favorite) is a fine nib.

I have many lightly chewed biros* and have lost many more, can I join your club? I used a fountain pen for years when I was at school, it was the 90s and apparently the in thing. I remember that I used to put too much pressure on it though and bent it, and my handwriting was still crap.

*The lack of capitalisation signifies that I'm using the UKanian slang term for ballpoint pen instead of the brand name.

Last edited:
I have many lightly chewed biros* and have lost many more, can I join your club? I used a fountain pen for years when I was at school, it was the 90s and apparently the in thing. I remember that I used to put too much pressure on it though and bent it, and my handwriting was still crap.

*The lack of capitalisation signifies that I'm using the UKanian slang term for ballpoint pen instead of the brand name.

I just learned something.

I expected to see Parkers...

Nah, too mainstream. :p

Nah, too mainstream. :p

That's the type of fountain pen I used to use. This discrimination is worse than in golf, I'm leaving this club! :p

Here's my Cross, I have no idea what model it is, but I think it was a promotional item for some company based on the logo on the clip.
D14C8201-F5AC-4480-A303-E719B3EF2D07-3657-0000096C9E3F2836_zps9a976b12.jpg

This is the Tiffany & Company... It needs to be polished badly. What should I use?
E5FC9293-1A56-4CE2-9BE3-C8C25D3B5515-3657-0000096C967B1400_zps5b0f1ce2.jpg

Last edited:
Brass-o? :dunno:

That was the first thing I thought of, but I don't know if it's safe to use on silver.

Might as well post since the thread exists. I have a Sheaffer Prelude fountain pen like this:

Prelude.JPG

It's a nice item, but it rarely gets used. :|

Oooooh, really nice indeed.

:thumbsup:

Let's just wait until Nabster comes here and hits us with his huge collection. :lol:

*sigh*
Fine. ;)

Although to be frank I'm not nearly as into this as I could be. There are people with collections that make mine look like a 16 color box of Rose Art crayons.

I went to pull some things together and realized I don't remember where I put one pen roll that had another half a dozen or so pens in it. Also not included are boring cheapies or several vintage pens in various states of repair. These are just the ones that are whole, work, and get used. :lol:

General use pens, see? Desk sets, a Parker 51 on the left and Sheaffer's Touchdown and Snorkel on the right. Not pictured is a huge Sheaffer's double pen set with two Snorkels and a clock mounted on a slab of onyx nearly as large as a sheet of letter paper, it was originally a sales award to a Ford dealer in the 50s.

On the left under the Desk set is a vintage Japanese Jumbo fountain pen, a smelly rollerball, and a tiny keychain fountain pen.

Moving left, in the front are a pair of Montblanc Boheme retractable fountain pens, one in gold one in platinum.

Back left are a pair of Pelikans, a cartridge fountain and an M800 Demo with engravings.

The back of the platter are Parkers, the gold ones are a 45 fountain pen/pencil set. To the right are some 51s and a pencil.

Middle of the platter are 3 Pilot/Namiki Vanishing Points. These are probably my most favorite and most used fountain pens as they're highly practical with a retractable nib actuated by a click mechanism like most ballpoints today. Black Carbonesque in the back, limited edition Ice Green in the middle, and Raden in the front. The Raden one is my go-to pen the majority of the time.

Front of the platter is a Montblanc 149, this is the pen everyone associates with Montblanc, the big cigar pen.

In the flower frog on the right are various cheapish Sheaffer's and third tier pens.

Lamy (Safari, I think?) on bottom right.

Ink. I mentioned somewhere ink is another worm hole, didn't I? In contrast to their pens, I do quite like Montblanc ink, consequently I have rather a lot of it, though I haven't been to buy more in a while now.

Anyway, I think 11 standard bottles of Montblanc in various colors, including 3 bottles of the notoriously popular and discontinued Racing Green. There are also 4 years of different Season's Greetings scented inks and rose scented love letter ink.

Noodler's does some quirky stuff. I have original run bottles of Blue Ghost and Whiteness of whale, which are invisible but ultraviolet responsive and (at the time) the only true white fountain pen produced respectively.

Others include J. Herbin, Visconti, Waterman, Parker, Sheaffer, Lamy, and probably another one or two I'm forgetting.

Can't forget the Iroshizuku from Pilot. Beautiful (and expensive) bottles and colors there. Kon Peki is probably my favorite blue ink, the saturation and tone is beautiful.

The elephant sized bottle of Quink in the back is vintage, empty (thankfully, while I'm not opposed to vintage inks if they're kept well these quart bottles didn't seal well) and makes a neat display piece.

Ya happy now? ;)

Hold. The fuck. Up.

When did crayons turn hexagonal? Never to roll off the desk/table again...

Brilliant!

We didn't have this shit when I was a lad, and that wasn't that long ago

*long and impressive collection and write-up*
Ya happy now? ;)

Yeah, thanks. :lol:

Seriously, thanks. So many interesting things. Also, I learned a lot about ink. That UV thing sounds really interesting. I'd like to see some writing with that (if possible) and with those other special inks.

Here's what I have fellas.

Everybody has to start somewhere. :p

Last edited: