People's drawings!!

I fail compared to most people posting in here, but meh! But WTF is going on with that left arm, I just can't get it to look right... <_<

I find it really helpful to draw lines to represent the skeleton and then draw over it. That way you know your proportions are correct and it's much easier to imagine how the body is bending. The problem with the arm is the elbow. It's a bit too rounded and there's nowhere for the bone to realistically exist without bending.

pdiFW.jpg

Hope that's helpful! :)

Talaaya said:
I find it really helpful to draw lines to represent the skeleton and then draw over it. That way you know your proportions are correct and it's much easier to imagine how the body is bending. The problem with the arm is the elbow. It's a bit too rounded and there's nowhere for the bone to realistically exist without bending.
Ah, of course. Many thanks!
I actually started with a line skeleton but ended up abandoning it really early on because I changed the posture... :wall:

I kept thinking it was the positioning of the arm but looking now it is obvious. Guess I'll fix up that right hand while I'm sorting that out... and the badly proportioned arm it is attached to... and the way the sleeve is floating above where the arm should be! :lol:

Katwalk said:
I also have this random thing of anatomy ref in my tumblr feed that could be useful.
Thankies. :)

Last edited:
Captain, seriously, get the ideas for at least half a dozen full page strips based on the Captain 70s character, draw them and send them to Viz. Who knows?

this. I can't draw my way out of a paper bag and I know it's good.

If I tell you it will ruin it :lol:
Though if you are very curious, turn the brightness of your monitor all the way up.

Last edited:
My monitor at work is fucked up anyway, I'll check it out when I get home in an hour. But I do see something in the top right.

EDIT: looks better on a proper monitor too :)

Last edited:
Someone needs to bump this thread. This thread needs more love. :|

I started this today. It's in its early stages, so parts of it are messed up. Needs a background, refining, shading and hopefully loads of other, more interesting stuff before I've done with it.

fuomqv.jpg

I decided to draw/sketch a picture that featured some of favorite cartoon characters...but then I ran out of lead and I'm not going to the store today so whatever :p

http://img535.imageshack.**/img535/3597/20120130163117774.jpg

Uploaded with imageshack.**

Last edited:
Akk8eaCCAAEiTQa.jpg

Welp, I've finished the Aventador at last.

Guys, I've just finished this cover for a band that my friend's in. I'm still not sure if I like the border or text placement. Critique?

d3_001.jpg

I like the border, but I do feel like the text needs to somehow be slightly different, be it placement or whatever.

Border is fine.Text placement is... off? (brain is telling me something isn't right). Is the eye thing supposed to be looking at it? If yes, you might have to adjust the figure on the left. If you drop the text too much you'll lose it in the alien grass.

But I do like it :D

Everything in the picture is pointed at the center, leading your eyes there, but your text is off to the side. That's probably why it looks "off."

Thanks everyone, you've helped a lot. :) I hate dealing with text placement with a passion.