People's drawings!!

Bump!

I've been working on this for ages now, it's finally finished. Huge portrait of a DPRK traffic cop, all done in biro. (The great thing with watercolour paper is you can smudge anything, even biro)

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ne/nereid/2011/02/25/DSC_14411.JPG

I could keep it, or I could send it to the North Korean government as a present. :think: If I go with the second option, I could get a commission from Dear Leader and spend the rest of my life doing portraits for dictators. If architecture doesn't work out, that's career path plan B.

Last edited:
Excellent!

Cheers! I'm really, really proud of it!

Last edited:
What I've been entertaining myself with for the past few days: experimenting with Fela'hari expressions, and practice with views other than straight on from the side... (though most of them turned into 3/4 view sketches.)

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/am/amtgman/2011/03/03/expressionsscaled.jpg

You can tell from my notes which ones I'm really not happy with, and need to work on. My favorite is the "Yew gon' die nao" one; I really like how it turned out, so much that I finished it a bit, and turned it from a generic character to a berserking* Alien!Clay.

And yes, the one in the top right is supposed to be Finland. I've finally found SatW's homepage, and you can guess the rest...

*Fela'hari tend to fly into berserker rages if you piss them off.

So.... the only Google results on Sak'khari I'm getting are your posts on this site. Care to elaborate? :lol:

^ That would be because it's a fictional nation/empire in a fictional alien world I've dreamed up. I've also only mentioned it by name on FinalGear, so any Google results would naturally lead here.

Also, said nations' full English name would be along the lines of the United Sak'khar Federation.

Last edited:
your drawing actually reminds me a bit of the Knight Sabers from Bubblegum Crisis.

your drawing actually reminds me a bit of the Knight Sabers from Bubblegum Crisis.

*Googles Knight Sabers*

Holy crap, you're right. I see the resemblance, too.

/Annnnd 2,500 posts. Halfway toward sacrificing my soul to ViperQuiky a third time.

Last edited:
Does that mean you drew your own avatar?

Nope, my avatar isn't one of my drawings. It's actually from this image, with some tweaking in GIMP to make the character stand out.

Last edited:
Huh, I never knew you were into furry art and I haven't been in this thread for a reaally long time. It's still a nice drawing (Both yours and tha one on your avatar). I can only hope to be as good.

That's why we have sketchbooks and tutorials. It's largely a matter of practice.

section drawing for a project I'm working on:

200605_1604256156017_1524510030_31273693_4024688_n.jpg

edit: and an earlier elevation:
198332_1574566373791_1524510030_31233018_4852031_n.jpg

I'll post final drawings when I get them done.

Last edited:
I drew a version of this in my school planner about a year ago.

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ne/nereid/2011/04/12/tbwkm.jpg