People's drawings!!

It is quite good, though its snout appears to be crooked.

That is some excellent drawing *and* character-creation skills there! Do you take commissions, by any chance? :)

I have a hard enough time getting myself to do personal art instead of playing games in the first place, so usually no.

It is quite good, though its snout appears to be crooked.

Yeah, I know. I'm too lazy to fix it though. His right nostril is the biggest contributor.

So no Totoro anytime soon then? :p

firecat.png

There, not a pokemon.
Fire is annoying.

New FF codename: Azulafox?

It was supposed to be a cat not a fox, but that is apparently what everyone thinks it is.

It was supposed to be a cat not a fox, but that is apparently what everyone thinks it is.

Its the eyes and mouth that makes the most similarity to me. at least thats what made me immediately think of the Nine Tailed Fox.
kyubi1.jpg

I don't see face resemblance really, it was supposed to look imp-like and the kyubi doesn't even have iris/pupils. But if 3 people say it looks like it then I defiantly did something wrong there. Guess I should stick to fanart if my original stuff is ripoffs anyway.

well i doubt you did it intentionally. more that we're seeing something that you didn't realise.

either way, its still impressive work and i wouldn't let our opinions stifle your ceativity.

I don't see face resemblance really, it was supposed to look imp-like and the kyubi doesn't even have iris/pupils. But if 3 people say it looks like it then I defiantly did something wrong there. Guess I should stick to fanart if my original stuff is ripoffs anyway.

I think it's the pointy ears/flames throwing people off. Cats generally have rounder features, not exactly easy to replicate using fire! :p

Most art is "rip-offs" anyway, your subconscious stores loads of crap you've previously seen so its inevitable you'll borrow aspects from other things. Its onyl really a rip-off if you've copied something deliberately.

I occasionally scribble some things in a little notebook i carry around in my backpack:

Big brother
imag0057tl.jpg

happy page
imag0058gk.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/am/amtgman/2011/09/21/civaswacomscaled.jpg

"...Var'Aremet must have earned the goddesses favor, somehow. To be caught in such a powerful explosion, and still have enough intact for us to recover requires either divine intervention, or a massive amount of luck. Possibly both.

Fortunately for Var'Aremet, his body was intact enough that full integration with Veteran armor was not necessary. However, extensive reconstructive cybernetics were required to bring him back to life. Normally, the receiving body can accept the cybernetics without complications, but the extent of Var'Aremets injuries prevents this. The first symptom of rejection is steadily increasing pain, which can become unbearable in as little as ~20 hours. Eventually, the immune system overcomes the installed suppressors and attacks the cybernetics. If left untreated, death is certain. Thus, a twice daily dose of anti-rejection drugs is required. Fortunately, the Chancellery has worked to ensure such drugs are readily available at affordable prices, and Var'Aremet's status as a Guardsman entitles him to a free supply.

Additionally, recommendations to avoid smoking Sihuma cigarettes may go unheeded, as it is known to have an anesthetic effect on Fela'hari.

Also, someone is going to have to tell him that his ability to have children has been severely crippled. Whoever volunteers (Recommend someone skilled in gently delivering bad news) should see fit to purchase a good pair of running shoes, just in case."

--Doctor Anasis Vas'Uras, Anhares Medical Center

My first attempt at digital coloring with a tablet. For a first-timer, I think it came out reasonably well. Still need more practice though.

It also shows off a few changes I made to Civas: Him being a desert breed of Fela'hari, and having his entire right side, tail, and left leg and fingers being replaced with cybernetics, due to the (augmented) original limbs being sort of blow'd up*. One result is a need for anti-rejection drugs, usually needed for extreme instances of augmentation which cannot be accepted naturally by the user's immune system.

*Guardsmen's armor includes numerous mechanisms to preserve the wearer's body and brain, should the user suffer normally fatal injuries. For all intents and purposes, they straddle the line between comatose and dead, until doctors can repair the damage, and revive the soldier. Normally, the only major side effect is temporary anterograde and retrograde amnesia, along with a blank in the soldiers memories when they were "killed." If the only useable chunk of body is the head or brain, they can be integrated with the infamous Veteran class armor (but only if the soldier gave his consent prior to his incident.) None of this is of any good, however, if the brain has been damaged/destroyed, which is often the only way to truly kill a guardsman, outside of completely annihilating him.

Ever thought about doing some sort of comic? I've seen these guys a few times and you always write as if there is pre-existing lore, except I think I'm right in saying there isn't :p

I say comic because a short story or other written work wouldn't let you draw them, but the drawings give less opportunity for writing more than the snippets as above.

Unless you like it that way, in which case, ignore my ramblings :)

Actually, I really do want to take my characters and settings somewhere other than some disjointed pictures and snippets I post on the internet. I just need to improve my art skills, and finish refining the settings and stories to a point where I'm happy with them.

http://img805.imageshack.**/img805/791/werelynxshaded.jpg

This may become my pumpkin pattern for this year.

Jebus that's good...

Werewolves is generally awesome but you took it to a new level. :D

Erm....hi guys.
I bought a WACOM Bamboo.
Can I join you? :mrgreen: