Pepsi Throwback

Phila

Car(s)
1995 Subaru Legacy, 2008 Subaru Legacy
I've been trying to avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup as much as possible for about 4 nows. This meant avoiding almost all bottled drinks.

I got excited to see Pepsi was making their cola with real sugar instead of HFCS and I finally tried to today.

The first sip was odd. It almost tasted like Diet Pepsi, but after a while it grew on me and I liked it.

I hear Coke imports their cola that is made in Mexico which is made with real sugar, I would love to try that.

Anyone else try it?

Wait what? Is all normal US Pepsi made with sugar now?

No.

Normal Pepsi is made with High Fructose Corn Syrup. This is a "limited time" deal where they're making "Pepsi Throwback" with sugar instead.

Oh, so it's just a quick publicity stunt. Whatever. <_<

Well, yes. But I feel like if enough people buy it they may stick with it. Its not like it costs [me] any more.

Yeah, I drink Coke now, but if Pepsi were to switch to sugar, I'd switch to Pepsi. My problem is however, that a) I live in a small town that will probably never get a delivery of this sugar Pepsi, and b) I'm assuming it is only available in individual .5 litre bottles right now, because that's usually how these promo sodas sell. I only buy 12-pack can boxes.

Ahhh... I forgot about that thread.

d'oh!

..but now I need to try the Mountain Dew Throwback. :think:

Pepsi should use throwback as an excuse to bring the old logo back, as the new one is utter shite.

Their new one is very Obamalike. Which I do not approve of.

I just picked up a 12 case, and DAMN!! it's fucking good.

Yeah, when I finished the one bottle I bought, I thought "wow I almost want another one," which is a big deal for me. :lol:

Pepsi should use throwback as an excuse to bring the old logo back, as the new one is utter shite.

Totally. I was watching Terminator 2 and loved seeing the pepsi cans from those years, funny...I never really picked up on that product placement before.

I still wouldn't drink this, HFCS or not. I just think soda is bad for the body.

^ Absolutely its bad for the body. And now more than ever its just sugar water :lol:

I noticed that it is a touch sweeter, and does not leave an acidic aftertaste in your mouth. 4 12-packs for $10 at the local grocery store.

a) I live in a small town that will probably never get a delivery of this sugar Pepsi
Soft drinks are one of the highest selling items in America. I'm almost positive you will get this if you are anywhere remotely near a city. If you don't have a Wal-Mart or national chain grocery store I'm sure a gas station like BP or Marathon will have it.

b) I'm assuming it is only available in individual .5 litre bottles right now, because that's usually how these promo sodas sell. I only buy 12-pack can boxes.
It's available in 20 oz. bottles as well as 12 pack cans.

Well, yes. But I feel like if enough people buy it they may stick with it. Its not like it costs [me] any more.
Maybe, Pepsi's contract for low price HFCS is running out. With ethanol and the like, HFCS prices are going sky high and closing the gap between sugar. It might stick it might not, all I know is Pepsi isn't making a lot of money on it.

I hear Coke imports their cola that is made in Mexico which is made with real sugar, I would love to try that.
Coke doesn't import any pop from Mexico they have no need to when they can bottle it multiple places in the US. However some retailers, mostly low brow hispanic grocery stores get Mexican Coke shipped to them, Coke doesn't work with these people. Any Coke soft drink they have, they probably got at Wal-Mart and are reselling it. I'd watch the exp. dates at these stores because your Coke probably came to the US illegally in the back of an Astro van.

BUT, Coke does sell Coca Cola with sugar in the US. It's available in 16.9 oz. bottles, I know for a fact that Kroger's carries it, I think CostCo does as well. It's not stocked by the normal pop though.

I was getting irritated with all this throwback talk and trashing HFCS, so I decided to try it.

And you guys are right, it's great. :glare:

You can also buy real sugar Cokes during early to mid spring in the US in Jewish/Kosher markets and supermarket aisles. It's bottled especially for Passover (which comes right around Easter most years). The packages are segregated and marked but often the ingredients list isn't altered. I'm not sure how they get away with that, but they do. Bottlers make a limited quantity of this per year though, so when it's gone, it's gone.