Pepsi Throwback

Funny thing about how you mentioned the citrus content...

HFCS Dew has orange juice in it...check the ingredients, but I don't think the "throwback" does...I think they both have vegetable oil, though...

I got some last weekend. Mmmmm. It's just better.

Found some Mexi Coke the other day while heading out towards the Cascades. Nothing compliments a day hiking better than a good Jake and Coke with proper ingredients.

On a related note, I've discovered that even toast bread contains HFCS... doesn't matter if you buy whole grain or anything, it still contains this evil ingredient.

It's really depressing, pretty much everything contains HFCS.

On a related note, I've discovered that even toast bread contains HFCS... doesn't matter if you buy whole grain or anything, it still contains this evil ingredient.

It's really depressing, pretty much everything contains HFCS.

Aren't there some brands that don't have it? I know my wife was on a health kick a couple years ago and would only buy the really healthy all natural stuff, but I can't remember what brands she used to buy. I never really ate it, so I didn't pay much attention at the time.

Aren't there some brands that don't have it? I know my wife was on a health kick a couple years ago and would only buy the really healthy all natural stuff, but I can't remember what brands she used to buy. I never really ate it, so I didn't pay much attention at the time.

Yea there are brands which don't use HFCS. Thomas beagles don't. There are a couple others but I don't have their name at the moment. Just check the packaging. I do my shopping at Central Market here in WA, and they have a great selection of stuff.

I was just at the supermarket and didn't find any white toast without Glucose-Fructose on the back.

I guess if you go to a bakery type of place they probably have decent healthy bread, but I didn't find any brand names that didn't list it in the ingredients. Plus, a loaf of generic brand name toast is $4, I'm not too keen on paying even more for a loaf of bread.

It fucking sucks, basically anything you buy that doesn't require preparation probably has HFCS. For most people shopping at health-focused supermarkets isn't financially viable, so the majority of us are stuck eating this crap. Screw the corn farmers, we North Americans on a whole could probably be so much healthier without having to make any effort.

Fructose doesn't mean HFCS. It's just a type of sugar that comes from plants. HFCS is not really the same thing.

I didn't say fructose, I said Glucose-Fructose, which is the same thing as HFCS.

Sorry. Didn't know Canada had their own word for it.

Sorry. Didn't know Canada had their own word for it.

Yeah, we have lots of localized words... for instance, tuque instead of beanie, and hoser instead of douche. :mrgreen:

Yeah, we have lots of localized words... for instance, tuque instead of beanie, and hoser instead of douche. :mrgreen:

Oh, I knew about "hoser" from the McKenzie brothers. Plus, I'm from Wisconsin. To most of the US, I'm 1/2 Canadian, anyway.

Oh, I knew about "hoser" from the McKenzie brothers. Plus, I'm from Wisconsin. To most of the US, I'm 1/2 Canadian, anyway.

Yep, I lived in Northern Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for awhile. Anyone who lives north of Milwaukee could just about pass for a Canadian.

Canadian, eh?

Well, like, why don't you take off, you hosers.

Upper Peninsula of Michigan

So you were a "yooper," huh...I used to frequent a cabin in Eagle River area (Three Lakes)...until black bears broke in while we were "in town" getting pizza.

I haven't been back since. :p They've since put in enough electricity for a light bulb and a radio and have replaced the out house and moved it further away from the garbage pit, but there's still no running water...just the pump you have to prime down by the so-small-it's-unofficially-named lake...

So you were a "yooper," huh...I used to frequent a cabin in Eagle River area (Three Lakes)...until black bears broke in while we were "in town" getting pizza.

I haven't been back since. :p They've since put in enough electricity for a light bulb and a radio and have replaced the out house and moved it further away from the garbage pit, but there's still no running water...just the pump you have to prime down by the so-small-it's-unofficially-named lake...

Yes, I was a yooper for a time (moved there when I was 12). I actually went to college at Northern Michigan University (right on Lake Superior, not too far from where you camped, but much more "modern"). Some of the worst winters imaginable :?

My parents still live up there, in between Escanaba and Menominee, and I usually try to make it up for a visit at least once a year. It's nice, but the winters are too harsh for me, and I'm not a big fan of the summers either because when it does actually warm up (rare), the bugs are quite bad.

Last edited: