Pepsi Throwback

A properly set up fountain can make some really good pop. Coke especially is really smooth, almost creamy when the mix is perfect.

All the time, except that "properly set up" for a restaurant owner means "set to use as little syrup as possible without turning customers away." :p

:lol: so true ^

I think Barq's tastes best from McDonald's fountain. There's something about it that makes it taste much better than if it were from a can or bottle. Or maybe its the McDonald's food that does the trick.

While I'll agree that pepsi-with-sugar is way better than pepsi-with-HFCS, I can't say I've noticed a difference in taste between pepsi stored in glass, plastic or aluminum containers (all three are available here). :dunno:

Fizzy drinks that come in glass bottles taste better than ones that don't - even if the contents are the same (say, glass coca cola vs bottle vs can, or Orangina, or Irn Bru, or whatever).

This is an inexplicable rule of the universe.

Fizzy drinks that come in glass bottles taste better than ones that don't - even if the contents are the same (say, glass coca cola vs bottle vs can, or Orangina, or Irn Bru, or whatever).

I've tasted Pepsi from both glass and plastic bottles, and if anything, it's the plastic bottles that taste better... :unsure:

:lol: so true ^

I think Barq's tastes best from McDonald's fountain. There's something about it that makes it taste much better than if it were from a can or bottle. Or maybe its the McDonald's food that does the trick.

I don't think I've ever been to a McD's with Barq's...

Question: are all fountains still set up that way? Where it's a mix of syrup? are they ever set up like a keg, where it's mixed?

]
2nd Best: From a McDonald's cup, through a McDonald's straw. Don't know what it is about the Coke specifically from McDonald's, but it's better than any other chain

Ugh, I find McD's fountain to be the worst. I think they put a lot more syrup in than other chains. Too much IMO.

I certainly agree with that. Coke and Orangina are the ones I usually drink from both glass and can/plastic, and unless Mott's really screws up the North American Orangina supply (which they did with the last batch I bought! :mad:), the glass is always best. Cooler, crisper, cleaner, more refreshing.

I've tasted Pepsi from both glass and plastic bottles, and if anything, it's the plastic bottles that taste better... :unsure:

No way. Plastic is bottom of my list below glass, fountain, and can.

-----

In other news, the supermarket finally got Throwback in! I bought three boxes. :D

I don't think I've ever been to a McD's with Barq's...

Really?? I think McDonald's might have been the first place I ever had Barq's. You're on a side of the country I've never been to.. perhaps its a regional thing? Does the McDonald's you go to have Mug Root Beer then?

Does the McDonald's you go to have Mug Root Beer then?

McDs should always have Barq's in the US as it's a Coke product. Mug is Pepsi.

I just stopped at one tonight...no Barq's. It had Pibb Xtra, but no Barq's. No McDonald's would have Mug, though as that is Pepsi.

A&W = Usually aligned with Pepsi/Yum! Brands like A&W/KFC restaurants, but it's bottled by 7Up's parent company, Dr Pepper & Snapple Group.
Mug = Pepsi
Barq's = Coke

Right, that's why I was asking. I thought maybe McDonald's had a contract with Pepsi instead on the West coast.

^A very interesting, relevant, and informative post. Thanks for that.

Right, that's why I was asking. I thought maybe McDonald's had a contract with Pepsi instead on the West coast.

McDonalds did introduce some Pepsi products at select locations as a trial, but it proved to be a failure. Perhaps that could explain?

I is missing Mountain Dew Throwback. :(

We had it here last spring and ran out in June.

I is missing Mountain Dew Throwback. :(

We had it here last spring and ran out in June.

Here too. It was only available for a VERY limited time. I guess its for the better since that was the only time I was actually drinking soda.. now that the normal crap is the only thing available I wont touch it. :rolleyes:

Throwback is back, at least in the midwest region, actually it's been back for about a month. But this time they have Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Dr. Pepper. Pepsi wasn't stupid this time round and actually put them in different packages too.

Throwback is back, at least in the midwest region, actually it's been back for about a month. But this time they have Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Dr. Pepper. Pepsi wasn't stupid this time round and actually put them in different packages too.

I would kill for some Dublin Dr Pepper (AKA Dr Pepper Throwback), but Coke has the rights to distribute it here in Oklahoma... :(