Pepsi vs. Coke

Pepsi vs. Coke

• Total voters

Ilpav

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Corolla LE
Let's make an official FinalGear decision on which is best.

When you vote, consider not only Pepsi and Coke, but their subsidiaries also (e.g Coke: Sprite, Pepsi: 7 Up, etc.)

I vote Coke all the way. It just tastes better. Every time I have no choice but to choose Pepsi (all fast food joints are licensed under either Coke or Pepsi) I always think: why the hell do I even bother drinking this stuff?

Finny little tid-bit of info: Whenever Pepsi did the Pepsi Challenges back in the day, did you ever notice that they only did small amounts? Apparently, the recipe for Pepsi is more conducive to small tastes and sips, where Coke is preferred when downing a whole can/bottle/glass.

Of the High Froctuse Corn Syrup Rootbeers: A&W, especially draft. Mug (Pepsi) is okay, but it's way better for Root Beer Floats. Barq's (Coke) is different enough that it just doesn't taste like "off" root beer. I like it...plus it's got caffine.

That said, I prefer Coca-Cola to Pepsi-Cola. However, I prefer Cherry Pepsi to Chery Coke, and above all, I'm a Mt. Dew guy. I also prefer Minute Maid (Coke) to Tropicana (Yum Brands, ie Pepsi) Tropicana may be not-from-concentrate, but Minute Maid can be more selective and only harvest during peak season, whereas Tropicana has to juice whatever is available at that time of year.

Pepsi doesn't own 7up they are their own company:

Coke:

Coca Cola
Sprite
Vault
Barqs
Fanta
Minute Maid
Rocksar/Full Throttle/NOS
Dasani/Vitamin Water/FUZE

Pepsi:

Pepsi
Sierra Mist
Mountain Dew
Mug
Tropicana
Orange Slice
7up-outside US
AMP
Aquafina/Sobe

7up/Dr. Pepper/Snapple Group:

7up
RC Cola
Dr. Pepper
A&W
Snapple

I work for Coke, so that's obviously who I vote for. But it's all just sugar water. I have no problem with Pepsi or 7up and no fierce allegiances to a specific brand like some people do.

Last edited:
Pepsi & Coke both taste like malted battery acid to me. If I drink any sodas, they're either root beer or Sprite/7-Up.

I prefer Dr. Pepper, but of those two: Pepsi.

Strictly Coke vs. Pepsi, I used to prefer Pepsi when I was younger...now I prefer Coke. I also prefer Cherry Coke over Wild Cherry Pepsi. If I drink any pop it's usually Dr. Pepper.

Definitely Pepsi for me. Coke has a funny aftertaste and it makes my teeth feel all gritty. I'm pissed that they've taken over the vast majority of restaurants.

Definitely Pepsi for me. Coke has a funny aftertaste and it makes my teeth feel all gritty. I'm pissed that they've taken over the vast majority of restaurants.

Airports, too...at least in the US. Even if the airport has a Taco Bell in it (which is owned by Yum! Brands...the company that owns Pepsi) they still serve Coke!!! As desperately as I was craving a 'Dew the last time I was traveling, there were NONE to be had in any of the soda machines, none of the restaurants, and none of the snack/magazine shops in the entire airport...and yes, I went to 3 different terminals!!! :lol:

Mt Dew has HFCS and vegetable oil in it. When it's not super-cold, it starts to get not-so-refreshing very quickly.

Conversely, it has Orange Juice.

The best of both worlds!

Airports, too...at least in the US. Even if the airport has a Taco Bell in it (which is owned by Yum! Brands...the company that owns Pepsi) they still serve Coke!!
Actually, Yum! brands is a result of Pepsi Co's split with the restaurant business. Therefore they have a lifetime contract with Pepsi Co, except in special cases where an existing contract with Coca Cola overrides them. In this case the airport most likely had an existing contract with CCE, and so Taco Bell couldn't sell Pepsi. You'd be amazed how aggressive some of the sales people are for Coke and Pepsi.

But really it depends on the region, some regions Coke just does better others Pepsi. But you go international and it's all owned by Coke.

My favorite cola, though, was Royal Crown Draft. It was made by RC Cola, but it was a "gourmet" cola. DAMN tasty! Funny story about it involving the police...but that's for another time.
rcdraft_big.jpg

http://www.rccolainternational.com/brands_rcdraft.aspx

I haven't been able to find it in a store in 10 years

My favorite cola, though, was Royal Crown Draft. It was made by RC Cola, but it was a "gourmet" cola. DAMN tasty! Funny story about it involving the police...but that's for another time.
rcdraft_big.jpg

http://www.rccolainternational.com/brands_rcdraft.aspx

I haven't been able to find it in a store in 10 years

I've only seen it for sale anywhere once, and considered trying it, but it was rather expensive.