Pepsi vs. Coke

Pepsi vs. Coke

• Total voters
Only Coke. I drink Pepsi only when there is no Coke in bar or restaurant (which in Poland is a very rare case).

But my real favourite is Dr Pepper, but sadly they don't sell it in Poland (only in shops with imported food, but it's quite expensive there). Funny think is that when I bougth one in such shope it turned out it was produced in Poland but for Danish market. But when I'm in a country where Dr Pepper is available I prefer it over Coke.

Is the one you can buy over there orange or tangerine?
We have orange, strawberry, and grape varieties. I've never actually tried either of the last two.

Speaking of Coke in various countries when I was at Epcot a few years ago they had a little thing set up with samples of different varieties from different countries. The German was the best and one called Beverly was horribly nasty. The Japanese one wasn't bad either.

Wikipedia said:
The actual production and distribution of Coca-Cola follows a franchising model. The Coca-Cola Company only produces a syrup concentrate, which it sells to various bottlers throughout the world who hold Coca-Cola franchises for one or more geographical areas. The bottlers produce the final drink by mixing the syrup with filtered water and sugar (or artificial sweeteners) and then carbonate it before filling it into cans and bottles, which the bottlers then sell and distribute to retail stores, vending machines, restaurants and food service distributors.

Well that explains the different "tastes" of Coca Cola... :hmm:

We have orange, strawberry, and grape varieties. I've never actually tried either of the last two.

We have Pineapple too, which is hands down the best.

http://img100.imageshack.**/img100/4297/cocainelinesonamirrortu6.jpg

Although if I get to chose the soda (not pop) it's slightly below room temp. Mt Dew.... mmmmmm, so much better than cold

Speaking of Coke in various countries when I was at Epcot a few years ago they had a little thing set up with samples of different varieties from different countries. The German was the best and one called Beverly was horribly nasty. The Japanese one wasn't bad either.

My favourite Fanta is lime... followed by the classic orange. We currently also have mango, lemon and blood orange.

Coca Cola is currently trying to push their new product on the market here: "The Spirit of Georgia", sold as a "beverage for adults". It contains less carbonate and is said to be more "bio", having no artificial sweeeteners, flavours, colouring or preservatives. Currently comes in three flavours: Lemon/juniper berry, blood orange/prickly pear and green mango/kiwi.

Last edited:
Well that explains the different "tastes" of Coca Cola... :hmm:
Fascinating \\//

I am not very impressed then with this model... they distribute their product as though it is all the same, but apparently this is pure fantasy! So the final taste is determined by the whims of the bottling plant? I like coke even less now.

Fascinating \\//

I am not very impressed then with this model... they distribute their product as though it is all the same, but apparently this is pure fantasy! So the final taste is determined by the whims of the bottling plant? I like coke even less now.

Dude, Pepsi and 7up use the exact same franchise business model. They have the exact same problems with taste changing from region to region, if not worse(Why Pepsi does poorly outside North America.) Also, it is remarkably hard to change the taste of the product even slightly once the demographic is used to it, even if it tastes better they receive all kinds of flak and sales generally decline. People would rather have consistently bad pop then change the recipe slightly.

Dude, Pepsi and 7up use the exact same franchise business model. They have the exact same problems with taste changing from region to region, if not worse(Why Pepsi does poorly outside North America.) Also, it is remarkably hard to change the taste of the product even slightly once the demographic is used to it, even if it tastes better they receive all kinds of flak and sales generally decline. People would rather have consistently bad pop then change the recipe slightly.
I'm not simply talking about region to region, I'm talking about a variation from one bottle to the next! A variation I have never noticed with any other drink.

Having said that, I think there are a few brands of the Coca Cola Company available here, that I think you don't have in the States:

Why is Bonaqua called Bonaqa in Germany?

And for the question: It is very difficult to answer. I can taste the difference, but which is better I can't say.

Why is Bonaqua called Bonaqa in Germany?

I have no idea. You would have to ask the Coca Cola company and not me ;)

About the franchise model: The very existence of it and the necessity to deliver thousands of tons of that syrup into the last corners of the world, also indicates that the recipe is not that legendary, top secret thing that lies in a safe somewhere in Atlanta and is only known by a few people.

Coca-Cola was always good at marketing but the biggest hit they had is that "secret recipe" thing - which is of course a total legend ;)

I'm not simply talking about region to region, I'm talking about a variation from one bottle to the next! A variation I have never noticed with any other drink.

Do you really notice a difference in taste from one can or bottle to another?

This isn't the case for me, and it has nothing to do with that franchising system, which I thought was pretty common knowledge by the way.

Even though many different bottling companies bottle Coca-Cola, it's not as if there's a bunch per city. It's usually one per area and it covers a huge area. I think in fact Canada might only have one bottling company doing Coke.

^i do taste difference between coke from a bottle, and the instant mixed stuff you get at McDonnalds or sth, it's like those weren't mixed well

but you can't expect coke a ship a container of water...

orange juice goes the same way, in south america they vaporise all liquid, ship the remaining powder over here, and add water again...100% pure juice (but doesn't taste that way)

^i do taste difference between coke from a bottle, and the instant mixed stuff you get at McDonnalds or sth, it's like those weren't mixed well

No, that's true. But I mean one can of Coke isn't going to taste different than another can in the same part of the world, because I'm pretty sure the bottler's spheres can't overlap.

But since you mention it, Coke does taste different and worse when it's from a fountain machine... which is why fast food places always have funny tasting colas.

No, that's true. But I mean one can of Coke isn't going to taste different than another can in the same part of the world, because I'm pretty sure the bottler's spheres can't overlap.

But since you mention it, Coke does taste different and worse when it's from a fountain machine... which is why fast food places always have funny tasting colas.
Nope, the different bottlers regions don't overlap. Goes like this, The Coca Cola Company-produces syrup>Coca Cola Enterprises(the bottler)-creates end product and bottles it>Distribution plants receive product from bottlers and distribute it>Retail sells product

Answers.com said:
The scientists and the suits at The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC) concoct the secret recipes and market the brands, but Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) does much of the bottling and distribution of the soft drinks. The world's #1 Coke bottler, CCE accounts for 18% of worldwide sales of Coca-Cola's beverages. CCE also bottles and distributes other beverages, including Canada Dry and Dr Pepper (both brands owned by Dr Pepper Snapple Group), Nestea (Nestl?), bottled waters, and juices. It sells soft drinks in nearly every state, the US Virgin Islands, Canada, and six European countries. The company's territories consist of more than 414 million potential customers. The Coca-Cola Company owns approximately 35% of CCE.

A lot of the time the idiots who work at places with fountain machines don't know what the hell their doing, which explains the funny taste.

A lot of the time the idiots who work at places with fountain machines don't know what the hell their doing, which explains the funny taste.
Coke Syrup also isn't cheap so penny pinching managers will play with their machines to get the best bang for the buck. Coke hates this. But extra syrupy Coke is the best, but syrupy Vault is better.

Maybe... I went to Quizno's today and the Coke tasted pretty damn good.