PerfectDisk - HD defrag software

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
I've been using it for a couple of years now and love it to bits. Highly recommended, especially the optimise feature. :thumbsup:

Car(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (USDM)
I've used it a few times and I think it does a decent job.
Some things I didn't see that I was looking for (in the version that I tried):
I didn't see an option to explain / identify files that it couldn't move
I didn't see options to give certain files priority

swek

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
Had a bicycle once.
Another Diskeeper user here. I use it in combination with bootvis for a smooth and and fast XP system.

If your XP takes ages to load you should give it a try. Regular maintenance with both progs and a cleanup of your autostart menu will really help with boot/loading times.

andyhui01

Forum Addict
Car(s)
00' Subaru Forester GT
swek said:
Another Diskeeper user here. I use it in combination with bootvis for a smooth and and fast XP system.

If your XP takes ages to load you should give it a try. Regular maintenance with both progs and a cleanup of your autostart menu will really help with boot/loading times.
what is bootvis?

Buba

Wants Rick Astley's Babies
Car(s)
BMW M235i
Bootvis is basically a programm that can visualize what happens on the startup procedure, it tells what causes what loadtimes and how long it takes alltogether... It can also optimize the process by placing the needed files together... I wouldn't recomment using it, since it wrote some data to some place it shouldn't have been on the HDD... Ok, it was one of those 60 gig deskstar that disintegrated pretty soon...

I'm using Power Defragmenter GUI with Contig... www.Excessive-software.eu.tt as I like the easy way to only defragment only one file or folder... Good for games with big files that get shattered over the whole disk...