PerfectDisk - HD defrag software

Roman

Resident Skydiver
Car(s)
Boring '02 Accent.
I've been using it for a couple of years now and love it to bits. Highly recommended, especially the optimise feature. :thumbsup:

I've used it a few times and I think it does a decent job.
Some things I didn't see that I was looking for (in the version that I tried):
I didn't see an option to explain / identify files that it couldn't move
I didn't see options to give certain files priority

I just use the Windows one, whats the advantage of these?

Another Diskeeper user here. I use it in combination with bootvis for a smooth and and fast XP system.

If your XP takes ages to load you should give it a try. Regular maintenance with both progs and a cleanup of your autostart menu will really help with boot/loading times.

swek said:
Another Diskeeper user here. I use it in combination with bootvis for a smooth and and fast XP system.

If your XP takes ages to load you should give it a try. Regular maintenance with both progs and a cleanup of your autostart menu will really help with boot/loading times.

what is bootvis?

Bootvis is basically a programm that can visualize what happens on the startup procedure, it tells what causes what loadtimes and how long it takes alltogether... It can also optimize the process by placing the needed files together... I wouldn't recomment using it, since it wrote some data to some place it shouldn't have been on the HDD... Ok, it was one of those 60 gig deskstar that disintegrated pretty soon...

I'm using Power Defragmenter GUI with Contig... www.Excessive-software.eu.tt as I like the easy way to only defragment only one file or folder... Good for games with big files that get shattered over the whole disk...

I use Diskeeper, version 10 was a major UI overhaul, they did good. :)